Things and Stuff Wiki - an organically evolving personal wiki knowledge base with a totally on-the-fly taxonomy containing topic outlines, descriptions and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. use the Table of Contents to navigate and the Small-ToC / Tiny-TOC header links on longer pages. probably not that mobile friendly atm. i am milk on freenode, give me a pm for feedback, or see About for login and further information. / et / em
Systems and frameworks.
- 1 General
- 2 Social
- 3 Static
- 4 Lifestream
- 5 Blogging / comments
- 6 Office
- 7 Calendar
- 8 Dashboard
- 9 File management
- 10 Document management
- 11 Project Management System
- 12 Customer Relationship Manager
- 13 Consulting and engagement
- 14 Enterprise resource planning
- 15 Enterprise social
- 16 E-commerce
- 17 Crowdfunding
- 18 Graphing
- 19 Storage
- 20 Personal cloud
- 21 Web application framework
- 22 to sort
- 23 Quantified self
- http://web.archive.org/web/20010607053640/http://bplog.blackplasma.net/ - first system i used
- https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13005792 - from markdown
See also SaaS#Pages
- Jekyll is a simple, blog-aware, static site generator, written in Ruby. It takes a template directory containing raw text files in various formats, runs it through Markdown (or Textile) and Liquid converters, and spits out a complete, ready-to-publish static website suitable for serving with your favorite web serve
gem install jekyll jekyll new myblog cd myblog jekyll serve
- http://jekyll-windows.juthilo.com/ - install Jekyll on Windows
- Poole is the butler for Jekyll, the static site generator. It's designed and developed by @mdo to provide a clear and concise foundational setup for any Jekyll site. It does so by furnishing a full vanilla Jekyll install with example templates, pages, posts, and styles.
- jekyll_ext allows you to extend the Jekyll static blog generator without forking and modifying it’s codebase. With this code, not only do your extensions live in your blog directory, but they can also be shared and reutilized.
- GitHub - Using Jekyll with Pages
- Pagoda - Zen like blog editor for your Jekyll blog
- Daux.io is an documentation generator that uses a simple folder structure and Markdown files to create custom documentation on the fly. It helps you create great looking documentation in a developer friendly way.
- nanoc is a static site generator, fit for building anything from a small personal blog to a large corporate web site.
- Pelican - static site generator, written in Python, that requires no database or server-side logic.
- Middleman is a static site generator using all the shortcuts and tools in modern web development.
- Stacey is a lightweight content management system. No database setup or installation files, simply drop the application on a server and it runs. Your content is managed by creating folders and editing text files. No login screens, no admin interface.
Blogging / comments
- http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php - olderish
- Substance is an open platform for collaborative composition and sharing of digital documents.
Project Management System
- ChiliProject is a web based project management system. It supports your team throughout the complete project life cycle, from setting up and discussing a project plan, over tracking issues and reporting work progress to collaboratively sharing knowledge.
Customer Relationship Manager
tracing customer details and workflow
- http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=4265507&cid=44956027 - diff between crm and erp
- http://www.opentaps.org/ - crm+erp
- http://www.insightly.com/ - free basic tier
Consulting and engagement
Enterprise resource planning
- ERP facilitates information flow between all business functions inside the organization, and manages connections to outside stakeholders.
- http://www.prestashop.com/ - addons cost
- CASH Music is a nonprofit organization that builds open source tools for musicians.
- http://spreecommerce.com/ - ruby
- https://osclass.org/ - classifieds
- http://owncloud.org/ - w/ webdav access
- Ceph - a distributed object store and file system designed to provide excellent performance, reliability and scalability.
- Amahi - software that runs on a dedicated PC as a central computer for your home. It handles your entertainment, storage, and computing needs. You can store, organize and deliver your recorded TV shows, videos and music to media devices in your network. Share them locally or safely around the world. And it's expandable with a multitude of one-click install apps.
- Omeka is a free, flexible, and open source web-publishing platform for the display of library, museum, archives, and scholarly collections and exhibitions. Its “five-minute setup” makes launching an online exhibition as easy as launching a blog.
- DSpace is the software of choice for academic, non-profit, and commercial organizations building open digital repositories. It is free and easy to install "out of the box" and completely customizable to fit the needs of any organization.
- Islandora is an open-source software framework designed to help institutions and organizations and their audiences collaboratively manage, and discover digital assets using a best-practices framework. Islandora was originally developed by the University of Prince Edward Island's Robertson Library, but is now implemented and contributed to by an ever-growing international community.
- Fedora (Flexible Extensible Digital Object Repository Architecture) was originally developed by researchers at Cornell University as an architecture for storing, managing, and accessing digital content in the form of digital objects inspired by the Kahn and Wilensky Framework. Fedora defines a set of abstractions for expressing digital objects, asserting relationships among digital objects, and linking "behaviors" (i.e., services) to digital objects.
- Scalar is a new authoring and publishing platform now in development from the Alliance for Networking Visual Culture that’s designed to make it easy for authors to write long-form, born-digital, media-rich scholarship online. Scalar enables users to assemble media from multiple sources and juxtapose them with their own writing in a variety of ways, with minimal technical expertise required.
See also Sharing
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seedbox - a remote server hosted in a high-bandwidth data center used for the safe uploading and downloading of digital files. These speeds range from 100Mbit/s (8MB/s) to 10Gbit/s (1250MB/s). Persons with access to a seedbox can download these files to their personal computers anonymously. Seedboxes generally make use of the BitTorrent protocol for uploading and downloading torrents, although they have also been used on the eDonkey2000 network.
- YunoHost is a server operating system aiming to make self-hosting accessible to everyone. It is based on Debian GNU/Linux and is fully compatible with it.
- Sandstorm - an open source operating system for personal and private clouds.
Web application framework
- https://cocoon.apache.org/ - web application framework built around the concepts of pipeline, separation of concerns and component-based web development. The framework focuses on XML and XSLT publishing and is built using the Java programming language
- Camlistore: Content-Addressable Multi-Layer, Indexed Store. a way to store, sync, share, model and back up content. used by bradfitz