Things and Stuff Wiki - An organically evolving personal wiki knowledge base with an on-the-fly taxonomy containing a patchwork of topic outlines, descriptions, notes and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, videos, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. Quality varies drastically. Use the Table of Contents to navigate long pages, use the Small-ToC and Tiny-ToC header links on longer pages. Not that mobile friendly atm. #tnswiki on freenode IRC for feedback chat, or see About for login and further information. / et / em
Systems and frameworks.
- 1 General
- 2 Static site
- 3 Content management system (CMS)
- 4 Lifestream
- 5 Blogging / comments
- 6 Personal / private cloud
- 7 Groupware
- 8 Office
- 9 Calendar
- 10 Dashboard
- 11 File management
- 12 Document management
- 13 Project Management System
- 14 Customer Relationship Manager
- 15 Personal relationship manager
- 16 Consulting and engagement
- 17 Enterprise resource planning
- 18 Crowdfunding
- 19 Graphing
- 20 Storage
- 21 Web application framework
- 22 to sort
- 23 Quantified self
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_web_page - (sometimes called a flat page/stationary page) is a web page that is delivered to the user exactly as stored, in contrast to dynamic web pages which are generated by a web application. Consequently, a static web page displays the same information for all users, from all contexts, subject to modern capabilities of a web server to negotiate content-type or language of the document where such versions are available and the server is configured to do so.
- https://github.com/myles/awesome-static-generators - A curated list of static web site generators.
See also SaaS#Pages
- Jekyll is a simple, blog-aware, static site generator, written in Ruby. It takes a template directory containing raw text files in various formats, runs it through Markdown (or Textile) and Liquid converters, and spits out a complete, ready-to-publish static website suitable for serving with your favorite web serve
gem install jekyll jekyll new myblog cd myblog jekyll serve
- http://jekyll-windows.juthilo.com/ - install Jekyll on Windows
- Poole is the butler for Jekyll, the static site generator. It's designed and developed by @mdo to provide a clear and concise foundational setup for any Jekyll site. It does so by furnishing a full vanilla Jekyll install with example templates, pages, posts, and styles.
- jekyll_ext allows you to extend the Jekyll static blog generator without forking and modifying it’s codebase. With this code, not only do your extensions live in your blog directory, but they can also be shared and reutilized.
- GitHub - Using Jekyll with Pages
- Pagoda - Zen like blog editor for your Jekyll blog
- Daux.io is an documentation generator that uses a simple folder structure and Markdown files to create custom documentation on the fly. It helps you create great looking documentation in a developer friendly way.
- nanoc is a static site generator, fit for building anything from a small personal blog to a large corporate web site.
- Hugo - A Fast And Flexible Static Site Generator Built In GoLang
- Pelican - static site generator, written in Python, that requires no database or server-side logic.
- Middleman is a static site generator using all the shortcuts and tools in modern web development.
- Stacey is a lightweight content management system. No database setup or installation files, simply drop the application on a server and it runs. Your content is managed by creating folders and editing text files. No login screens, no admin interface.
- Lektor - A flexible and powerful static content management system for building complex and beautiful websites out of flat files — for people who do not want to make a compromise between a CMS and a static blog engine. 
- NanoBlogger - small weblog engine for the unix command line
- Publii - a new Static CMS with GUI to build an extremely safe, fast and stylish website, for every skill level, from beginner to developer.
- Netlify CMS - Use Netlify CMS with any static site generator for a faster and more flexible web project. Give non-technical users a simple way to edit and add content to any site built with a static site generator.
Content management system (CMS)
- http://web.archive.org/web/20010607053640/http://bplog.blackplasma.net/ - first system i used
- https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13005792 - from markdown
- * Zikula CMS - allows you to build simple one-page websites to individual web applications utilising different types of extensions for making your project to something special.For this you can extend Zikula's functionality with modules and realise a custom look using themes.
Blogging / comments
Personal / private cloud
See also Server#Web management
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_cloud - a collection of digital content and services which are accessible from any device. The personal cloud is not a tangible entity. It is a place which gives users the ability to store, synchronize, stream and share content on a relative core, moving from one platform, screen and location to another. Created on connected services and applications, it reflects and sets consumers’ expectations for how next-generation computing services will work. The four primary types of personal cloud in use today are: Online cloud, NAS device cloud, server device cloud, and home-made clouds.
- YunoHost - a server operating system aiming to make self-hosting accessible to everyone. It is based on Debian GNU/Linux and is fully compatible with it.
- Sandstorm - an open source operating system for personal and private clouds.
- Cloudron - a complete solution for running apps on your server and keeping them up-to-date and secure.
- https://git.cloudron.io/cloudron/box - the best way to run apps on your server.Web applications like email, contacts, blog, chat are the backbone of the modern internet. Yet, we live in a world where hosting these essential applications is a complex task.We are building the ultimate platform for self-hosting web apps. The Cloudron allows anyone to effortlessly host web applications on their server on their own terms.
- http://owncloud.org/ - w/ webdav access
- Cozy Light - allows you to deal, without effort, with many self-hosting use cases like turning your server into a file storage, hosting your static website or your HTML5 video game console. You can try it on your desktop or directly set it up on your own server. It performs well on cheap hardwares like the Raspberry Pi or small Digital Ocean VPS.
- Pydio - fits your infrastructure and provides a single point of access to all your data storages. Your teams can securely work together from anywhere, at any time
- Syncloud - runs your services at your premises. Nextcloud, Diaspora, Rocketchat, Roundcube, GOGS, Syncthing: File synchronization between devices.
- Kubeapps - a web-based UI for deploying and managing applications in Kubernetes clusters
- flat - a web based docker management solution focusing Single Board Computer (SBC) platforms such as Raspberry Pi and Tinker Board. We borrowed the user interface from Portainer for the time being. (thanks for great work, Portainer team)flat vs. Others: What can flat do more?Although docker has been ported for many different CPUs including ARM, Portainer and similar tools have been focused on serving docker on mainstream server platform such as x86/x64/amd, which almost always never allow/expose/exist H/W capabilities SBC fundamentally provides such as GPIO access, so their lack of support for, for example, host-to-container device-linking and linux CAP allocation is not conincedence.flat, on the other hand, has designed and is evolving to better serve popular SBC platform. It provides all the essential features described above, and on top of that, currently available 50+ templates are built for SBC only. Why? Because SBC is more capable than those servers better be remained untinkered..
Univention Corporate Server
- Univention Corporate Server - UCS, an open source platform for identity management and to integrate server and cloud based applications. It features comprehensive Active Directory services based on Samba, an extensive App Center for easy application provisioning and various infrastructure services like management of virtual machine and IP addresses. At the core of UCS is an integrated identity and infrastructure management system including a modern Web GUI as well as various APIs and command line interfaces. These tools make it very easy to administrate applications, users and resources in almost any environment.
- CaptainDuckDuck - an extremely easy to use app/database deployment & web server manager for your NodeJS, Python, PHP, Ruby, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres, WordPress (and etc) applications. It's blazingly fast and very robust as it uses Docker, nginx, LetsEncrypt and NetData under the hood behind its simple-to-use interface.
- Zimbra Collaboration - an enterprise-class email, calendar and collaboration solution built for the cloud, both public and private. With a redesigned browser-based interface, Zimbra offers the most innovative messaging experience available today, connecting end users to the information and activity in their personal clouds.
- Kopano - 100% Open source collaboration tools: email, calendaring, Mattermost chat, webRTC video meetings, document collaboration with LibreOffice Online, integration with file storage services and more.
- Group Office - an enterprise CRM and groupware tool. Share projects, calendars, files and e-mail online with co-workers and clients. Easy to use and fully customizable.
- SOGo - a fully supported and trusted groupware server with a focus on scalability and open standards. SOGo is released under the GNU GPL/LGPL v2 and above.SOGo provides a rich AJAX-based Web interface and supports multiple native clients through the use of standard protocols such as CalDAV, CardDAV and GroupDAV, as well as Microsoft ActiveSync. SOGo is the missing component of your infrastructure; it sits in the middle of your servers to offer your users a uniform and complete interface to access their information. It has been deployed in production environments where thousands of users are involved.
- http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php - olderish
- Substance - an open platform for collaborative composition and sharing of digital documents.
- Mayan EDMS - an electronic vault for your documents. With Mayan EDMS you will never lose another document to floods, fire, theft, sabotage, fungus or decomposition. Its advanced search and categorization capabilities will help you reduce the time to find the information you need. It is free open source and integrates with your existing equipment, that means low to no initial investment, and even lower total cost of ownership, reducing operational costs has never been this easy. Being open source its code is freely available, allowing you to see how it is handling your documents if you ever need to, you will be glad you choose Mayan EDMS on your next audit. Initially released in 2011 and with thousands of installations worldwide, Mayan EDMS is a mature and time tested software you can rely on.
- https://github.com/danielquinn/paperless - Scan, index, and archive all of your paper documents
Project Management System
- ChiliProject is a web based project management system. It supports your team throughout the complete project life cycle, from setting up and discussing a project plan, over tracking issues and reporting work progress to collaboratively sharing knowledge.
Customer Relationship Manager
tracing customer details and workflow
- http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=4265507&cid=44956027 - diff between crm and erp
- http://www.opentaps.org/ - crm+erp
- http://www.insightly.com/ - free basic tier
Personal relationship manager
- Monica - allows people to keep track of everything that's important about their friends and family. Like the activities done with them. When you last called someone. What you talked about. It will help you remember the name and the age of the kids. It can also remind you to call someone you haven't talked to in a while.
Consulting and engagement
- Brimir - Open source ticket manager. Declutter your personal email inbox. Brimir allows you to send and receive support emails through a friendly web interface. Received emails are converted to tickets, which can be assigned to agents.
- LimeSurvey - the number one open-source survey software. Advanced features like branching and multiple question types make it a valuable partner for survey-creation.
- Metabase - easy, open source way for everyone in your company to ask questions and learn from data.
Enterprise resource planning
- ERP facilitates information flow between all business functions inside the organization, and manages connections to outside stakeholders.
- eXo Platform - helps business executives tackle their key challenges, such as driving employee engagement, transforming the digital customer experience, and successfully implementing a digital transformation while staying within their budgets. Let us tell you how. eXo Platform helps you transform your employee experience, promote interdepartmental collaboration, manage your knowledge, and engage your ecosystem. We have helped hundreds of customers in various industries reach their goals with our adapted value proposition for each industry. Let us tell you how.
- xTuple.org - Open Source Resources for xTuple ERP
- Omeka - a free, flexible, and open source web-publishing platform for the display of library, museum, archives, and scholarly collections and exhibitions. Its “five-minute setup” makes launching an online exhibition as easy as launching a blog.
- DSpace - the software of choice for academic, non-profit, and commercial organizations building open digital repositories. It is free and easy to install "out of the box" and completely customizable to fit the needs of any organization.
- Islandora - an open-source software framework designed to help institutions and organizations and their audiences collaboratively manage, and discover digital assets using a best-practices framework. Islandora was originally developed by the University of Prince Edward Island's Robertson Library, but is now implemented and contributed to by an ever-growing international community.
- Fedora - Flexible Extensible Digital Object Repository Architecture, was originally developed by researchers at Cornell University as an architecture for storing, managing, and accessing digital content in the form of digital objects inspired by the Kahn and Wilensky Framework. Fedora defines a set of abstractions for expressing digital objects, asserting relationships among digital objects, and linking "behaviors" (i.e., services) to digital objects.
- Scalar is a new authoring and publishing platform now in development from the Alliance for Networking Visual Culture that’s designed to make it easy for authors to write long-form, born-digital, media-rich scholarship online. Scalar enables users to assemble media from multiple sources and juxtapose them with their own writing in a variety of ways, with minimal technical expertise required.
See also Sharing
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seedbox - a remote server hosted in a high-bandwidth data center used for the safe uploading and downloading of digital files. These speeds range from 100Mbit/s (8MB/s) to 10Gbit/s (1250MB/s). Persons with access to a seedbox can download these files to their personal computers anonymously. Seedboxes generally make use of the BitTorrent protocol for uploading and downloading torrents, although they have also been used on the eDonkey2000 network.
- https://github.com/mescon/Muximux - a lightweight portal to view & manage your webapps without having to run anything more than a PHP enabled webserver. With Muximux you don't need to keep multiple tabs open, or bookmark the URL to all of your apps.
Web application framework
- https://cocoon.apache.org/ - web application framework built around the concepts of pipeline, separation of concerns and component-based web development. The framework focuses on XML and XSLT publishing and is built using the Java programming language
- https://github.com/myfreeweb/soad - SOcket Activator/Deactivator: like inetd but not really and for 2018
- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Gateway_Interface - offers a standard protocol for web servers to execute programs that execute like Console applications (also called Command-line interface programs) running on a server that generates web pages dynamically. Such programs are known as CGI scripts or simply as CGIs. The specifics of how the script is executed by the server are determined by the server. In the common case, a CGI script executes at the time a request is made and generates HTML. In brief, the CGI program receives HTTP forms data via Unix/Linux standard input, and most other data (such as URL paths, URL arguments, and HTTP header data) via well-known Unix/Linux process environment variables.
- bigCGI - a serverless computing platform harnessing the ancient magic of CGI.
- Wapp - Wapp is a new framework for writing web applications in TCL, with the following advantages: Very small API → easy to learn and use. A complete application is contained in a single file. Resistant to attacks and exploits. Cross-platform → CGI, SCGI, or a built-in web server. The MVC design pattern is supported but not required. The Wapp framework itself is a single-file TCL script that is "source"-ed, "package require"-ed, or even copy/pasted into the application TCL script. 2-clause BSD license. 
- Pyramid - makes it easy to write web applications. You can start small with this "hello world" minimal request/response web app. This may take you far, especially while learning. As your application grows, Pyramid offers many features that make writing complex software take less effort. Pyramid works in all supported versions of Python.
- Falcon - a bare-metal Python web API framework for building very fast app backends and microservices.
- hug - Drastically simplify API development over multiple interfaces. With hug, design and develop your API once, then expose it however your clients need to consume it. Be it locally, over HTTP, or through the command line - hug is the fastest and most modern way to create APIs on Python3.
- Bottle - a fast, simple and lightweight WSGI micro web-framework for Python. It is distributed as a single file module and has no dependencies other than the Python Standard Library.
- CherryPy - A Minimalist Python Web Framework
- Bottle - a fast, simple and lightweight WSGI micro web-framework for Python. It is distributed as a single file module and has no dependencies other than the Python Standard Library.
- Mojolicious - A next generation web framework for the Perl programming language. Back in the early days of the web, many people learned Perl because of a wonderful Perl library called CGI. It was simple enough to get started without knowing much about the language and powerful enough to keep you going, learning by doing was much fun. While most of the techniques used are outdated now, the idea behind it is not. Mojolicious is a new endeavor to implement this idea using bleeding edge technologies.
- Mako - a template library written in Python. It provides a familiar, non-XML syntax which compiles into Python modules for maximum performance. Mako's syntax and API borrows from the best ideas of many others, including Django and Jinja2 templates, Cheetah, Myghty, and Genshi. Conceptually, Mako is an embedded Python (i.e. Python Server Page) language, which refines the familiar ideas of componentized layout and inheritance to produce one of the most straightforward and flexible models available, while also maintaining close ties to Python calling and scoping semantics.
- Qbix - designed from the ground up to power social apps.A social app is an app that enables spontaneous communication and collaboration between users. Out of the box, Qbix helps any app support user accounts, real-time collaboration and offline notifications, automatically scaling up to millions of users if necessary.
- Camlistore: Content-Addressable Multi-Layer, Indexed Store. a way to store, sync, share, model and back up content. used by bradfitz
- https://github.com/opensourcepos/opensourcepos - a web based point of sale system.