- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_(music) - a form of music production and performance using electronic devices, such as sequencers, to generate sounds of musical instruments.
Synth programming, sequencer programming, etc.
- http://www.trevorwishart.co.uk/transformation.html - sound art, spectral, electro-acoustic
- YouTube: Extreme jazz fusion reharmonization - Adam Neely
- http://www.livepa.org/ - performance
- YouTube: TOBI NEUMANN (EB.TV Tech Talk)
- YouTube: How I mix midi drums
- Dancetech - music recording technology forums
- AudioSEX - Professional Audio Forum
- PDF: Linux Midi Orchestration - Peter Schaffter
- YouTube: How To Program Drum Grooves - Rick Beato
- YouTube: Let's Make Synth Drums in Linux!
- Pocket Operations - A portable collection of drum machine patterns.
- montoyamoraga/drum-machine-patterns: Based on the book 200 Drum machine patterns by René-Pierre Bardet - This is a database annotated and curated by Aarón Montoya-Moraga.This project is digital transcription of drum machine patterns, taken from the book 200 Drum Machine Patterns by René-Pierre Bardet.
See also Audio#Programming
- Patchshare - A way to share modular synth patches.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_synthesis - provides movement in a sound by providing dynamic cross-fading between (usually) four sound sources. The four sound sources are conceptually arranged as the extreme points of X and Y axes, and typically labelled A, B, C and D. A given mix of the four sound sources can be represented by a single point in this 'vector plane'. Movement of the point provides sonic interest and is the power of this technique. Mixing is frequently done using a joystick, although the point can be controlled using envelope generators or LFOs.
- How to Make a Noise: a Comprehensive Guide to Synthesizer Programming by Simon Cann - perhaps the most widely ready book about synthesizer sound programming. It is a comprehensive, practical guide to sound design and synthesizer programming techniques
- JSynthLib - an Open Source Universal Synthesizer Patch Editor / Librarian written in the Java Language. Beside a bunch of commercial synths, it provides an editor for MIDIbox SID V1 and MIDIbox FM, which gives you access to all sound parameters and the wavetable sequencer. Since the official beta release of JSynthLib as well as the MIDI API of Java v1.5 has some flaws, I created this short guide in order to describe the required steps to setup JSynthLib for a MIDIbox properly.
- YouTube: porcaro synthesize analog brass
"take one square wave, one pulse wave, detune slightly. run to resonant 12db lowpass filter (you want 12db because the more gentle rolloff curve is much more suited for basses). A slight bit of env mod on the filter cutoff is acceptable, but don't go crazy with it, you're not trying to make a 303 here. A really low cutoff with a relatively high resonance will give you alot of crazy harmonics spun off into neverneverland, which once you hit on a nice sweet spot with give the impression of deeper bass." 
- MusicTech: Drum Synthesis
- PDF: Synthesized Percussion - A Moog music guide to creating percussive sounds. Short guide.
- YouTube: Analog Synthesized Percussion - Korg
- YouTube: Eurorack Modular Kick Drum Tutorial