Things and Stuff Wiki - an organically evolving knowledge base wiki containing topic outlines, descriptions and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads, and more. table of contents for navigation on long pages. see About for further information. / et / em
- 1 Audio
- 1.1 Servers
- 1.2 Radio
- 1.3 GUI Playback
- 1.4 CLI playback
- 1.5 Ripping
- 1.6 Services
- 1.7 Apps
- 2 Video
- BS1770GAIN is a loudness scanner compliant with ITU-R BS.1770 and its flavors EBU R128, ATSC A/85, and ReplayGain 2.0. It helps normalizing the loudness of audio and video files to the same level.
- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/soundit/jpmlghikapcebilgkglhelbdipdibmgd - stream pc to web
- DarkIce is a live audio streamer. It records audio from an audio interface (e.g. sound card), encodes it and sends it to a streaming server.
- http://liquidsoap.fm/ Liquidsoap is a powerful and flexible language for describing your streams. It offers a rich collection of operators that you can combine at will, giving you more power than you need for creating or transforming streams. But liquidsoap is still very light and easy to use, in the Unix tradition of simple strong components working together. A swiss-army knife for multimedia streaming, notably used for netradios and webtvs. It has tons of features, it's free and it's open-source!
- DeeFuzzer is a light and instant application for streaming audio and video over internet. It is dedicated to communities who wants to easily create web radios, web TVs, live multimedia relays or personal home radios, with metadata management and cool features.
- butt (broadcast using this tool) is an easy to use, multi OS streaming tool. It supports SHOUTcast and Icecast and runs on Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. The main purpose of butt is to stream live audio data from your computers Mic or Line input to an Shoutcast or Icecast server. Recording is also possible.
Internet DJ Console
- Internet DJ Console is a project started in March 2005 to provide a powerful yet easy to use source-client for individuals interested in streaming live radio shows over the Internet using Shoutcast or Icecast servers. Because of the large number of streaming applications that already existed but did little more than stream a pair of audio channels or a fixed playlist, it was decided that IDJC would be the opposite and simulate audio hardware to cut down the expense of creating a home studio.
- Rivendell - a complete radio broadcast automation solution, with facilities for the acquisition, management, scheduling and playout of audio content. It has all of the features one would expect in a modern, fully-fledged radio automation system, including support for both PCM and MPEG audio encoding, full voicetracking and log customization as well as support for a wide variety of third party software and hardware. As a robust, functionally complete digital audio system for broadcast radio applications, Rivendell uses industry standard components like the GNU/Linux Operating System, the AudioScience HPI Driver Architecture and the MySQL Database Engine. Rivendell is available under the GNU Public License.
- Airtime - online radio has never been easier. Airtime's intuitive interface lets you drag and drop shows for simple programming. Organise and collaborate with producers, DJs and programmers, wherever they are. Stream direct to Icecast or SHOUTcast, and show what's playing with widgets.
- RadioTray - a simple music streaming player that lives on the system tray. By clicking on the RadioTray icon, you'll be presented with a list of pre-configured online radios. By selecting one of those radios, it will start playing.
Right now, Radio Tray bundles with pre-configured radios. But you can and should add more manually. Adding online radios to the list is very simple. By right-clicking the RadioTray icon and selecting "Config radios...", you may add the name and URL of an online radio. This version allows you to add direct URLs (to media streams or files) and URLs pointing at playlist formats (pls, m3u, asx, wax, wvx). RadioTray was written in Python and uses gtk and gstreamer libraries (you'll need these to run RadioTray).
Great Little Radio Player
- Great Little Radio Player - A robust internet radio station streamer for various Linux distributions. It connects to web sites offering radio streaming and lets you play radio stations directly from that locations.
- streamtuner2 is an internet radio browser. It looks up the categorized music stations from various directory services
- Nuvola Player is a runtime for web-based music streaming services providing more native user experience and integration with Linux desktop environments than usual web browsers can offer. It tries to feel and look like a native application as possible.
- piwadio - Web Radio Player ( python websockets server / Mplayer - HTML5 client )
- streamtuner - a stream directory browser. Through the use of a plugin system, it offers an intuitive GTK+ 2.0 interface to Internet radio directories such as SHOUTcast and Live365.
- radio.py - a command-line frontend for mplayer designed to make listening to online radio easy. Features: Allows you to easily play your favorite online radio stations. Adding new stations to radio.py is very simple. Record radio streams. Sleep and Wake-Up features. Search Tune-In for new stations.
- DRadio is a Danmarks Radio netradio, podcast, and TV player. It is a terminal based frontend to MPlayer that collects the available channels/podcasts for convenient browsing.
- Streamripper - GPL application that lets you record streaming mp3 to your hard drive
- http://www.ambient-mixer.com/ - mix ambient found sounds
- http://stereomood.com - mood tag
- http://plug.dj/ - social playlist
- http://mycloudplayers.com/ - playlist enqueuing
- http://redditplayer.phoenixforgotten.com/ - plays youtube and soundcloud links from specified music style subreddits
- http://hypem.com/ - from blogs
- http://www.indieshuffle.com/ - curated playlist
- 8tracks is internet radio created by people, not algorithms.
- http://radiotuna.com/ - dead?
- Tizonia - A music player and audio streaming client/server for Linux with support for Spotify, Google Play Music (including Unlimited), SoundCloud and Dirble, with a multimedia framework based on OpenMAX IL 1.2 provisional specification.
- http://offliberty.com/ - web ripper for youtube and suondcloud
Adverts for free accounts
- Atraci is a streaming application for Windows, Mac and Linux that lets you listen instantly to more than 60 million songs (way more than iTunes's 26 million). It requires no sign up, displays no ads and is 100% safe.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_Adaptive_Streaming_over_HTTP - DASH, MPEG-DASH
- Tvheadend is a TV streaming server for Linux supporting DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T, ATSC, IPTV, and Analog video (V4L) as input sources.
- DVBlast is a simple and powerful MPEG-2/TS demux and streaming application.
- Multicat - Simple and efficient multicast and transport stream manipulation.
- http://giss.tv/tss/ - theora
- Livestreamer is a command-line utility that pipes video streams from various services into a video player, such as VLC. The main purpose of Livestreamer is to allow the user to avoid buggy and CPU heavy flash plugins but still be able to enjoy various streamed content.
See also Sharing#BitTorrent
- http://animoto.com/ - make slideshows
- https://fmtvp.github.io/tal - frontend (iplayer, etc.)
- Ingex is a branded technology from BBC Research & Development It is a suite of open source software applications designed for low-cost flexible tapeless recording in: AV Production, and Archiving Facilites
- Stremio is an app that helps you organize and instantly watch your favorite videos, movies, TV series and TV channels. 
- Livestreamer - a command-line utility that pipes video streams from various services into a video player, such as VLC. The main purpose of Livestreamer is to allow the user to avoid buggy and CPU heavy flash plugins but still be able to enjoy various streamed content. There is also an API available for developers who want access to the video stream data.