Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Homebrew - The missing package manager for OS X
- Homebrew Cask extends Homebrew and brings its elegance, simplicity, and speed to OS X applications and large binaries alike. It only takes 1 line in your shell to reach 3059 Casks maintained by 424 contributors.
- Cider is a simple wrapper for Homebrew and Homebrew Cask that allows you to save your setup across different machines. This lets you to restore a backup without having to deal with the mess that was the state of your previous installation, or painstakingly babysit the process step-by-step. 
- Rudix is a collection of pre-built Unix software delivered as packages for OS X.
- Amethyst - Tiling window manager for macOS along the lines of xmonad.
- chunkwm - a tiling window manager for macOS that uses a plugin architecture, successor to kwm. It represents windows as the leaves of a binary tree, and supports binary space partitioned, monocle and floating desktops.Development is happening on macOS Mojave (10.14), but OSX El Capitan (10.11.6) and newer should work fine. Older versions may or may not be compatible and will not be officially supported.chunkwm runs a local daemon to receive messages on a dedicated socket (port 3920).chunkc is a program that writes messages on chunkwm's socket.
- https://github.com/Hammerspoon/hammerspoon - a tool for powerful automation of OS X. At its core, Hammerspoon is just a bridge between the operating system and a Lua scripting engine.What gives Hammerspoon its power is a set of extensions that expose specific pieces of system functionality, to the user. With these, you can write Lua scripts to control many aspects of your OS X environment.
- https://github.com/koekeishiya/yabai - A tiling window manager for macOS based on binary space partitioning, like bspwm
- https://github.com/koekeishiya/skhd/ - Simple hotkey daemon for macOS
- https://github.com/psychs/limechat - an IRC client for Mac OS X.
- https://github.com/RogueAmoeba/Soundflower-Original - MacOS system extension that allows applications to pass audio to other applications
- https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole - a modern macOS virtual audio driver that allows applications to pass audio to other applications with zero additional latency.
- https://github.com/foxlet/macOS-Simple-KVM - Documentation to set up a simple macOS VM in QEMU, accelerated by KVM.
- BitBar - lets you put the output from any script or program right in your Mac OS X menu bar. And it's completely free. An impressive number of plugins have already been contributed by a wide range of developers just like you, and this site makes it easy to find them.
- Darling - a translation layer that allows you to run unmodified macOS binaries on Linux. In its nature, it is similar to the well-known Wine project. At this point, does not yet run macOS application with a GUI. For more information, review the Project Status. Developers are always welcome to join the project. 
- PearPC - an architecture-independent PowerPC platform emulator capable of running most PowerPC operating systems.