- Homebrew - The missing package manager for OS X
- Homebrew Cask extends Homebrew and brings its elegance, simplicity, and speed to OS X applications and large binaries alike. It only takes 1 line in your shell to reach 3059 Casks maintained by 424 contributors.
- Cider is a simple wrapper for Homebrew and Homebrew Cask that allows you to save your setup across different machines. This lets you to restore a backup without having to deal with the mess that was the state of your previous installation, or painstakingly babysit the process step-by-step. 
- Rudix is a collection of pre-built Unix software delivered as packages for OS X.
- chunkwm - a tiling window manager for macOS that uses a plugin architecture, successor to kwm. It represents windows as the leaves of a binary tree, and supports binary space partitioned, monocle and floating desktops.Development is happening on macOS Mojave (10.14), but OSX El Capitan (10.11.6) and newer should work fine. Older versions may or may not be compatible and will not be officially supported.chunkwm runs a local daemon to receive messages on a dedicated socket (port 3920).chunkc is a program that writes messages on chunkwm's socket.
- https://github.com/psychs/limechat - an IRC client for Mac OS X.
- Darling - a translation layer that allows you to run unmodified macOS binaries on Linux. In its nature, it is similar to the well-known Wine project. At this point, does not yet run macOS application with a GUI. For more information, review the Project Status. Developers are always welcome to join the project.
- PearPC - an architecture-independent PowerPC platform emulator capable of running most PowerPC operating systems.