Things and Stuff Wiki - an organically evolving knowledge base personal wiki with a totally on-the-fly taxonomy containing topic outlines, descriptions and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. use the Table of Contents for navigation on longer pages. probably not that mobile friendly atm. see About for further information. / et / em
See also Money
- 1 General
- 2 Bitcoin
- 3 Altcoins
- 4 Smart contracts
- 5 to sort
- 6 DNSChain
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_chain_(database) - a distributed database, introduced in Bitcoin, that maintains a continuously-growing list of data records that each refer to previous items on this list and is thus hardened against tampering and revision. The initial and most widely known application of block chain technology is the public ledger of transactions for bitcoin, which has been the inspiration for other cryptocurrencies and distributed database designs.
- BitCoin Get - Earn bitcoins for watching videos and completing simple tasks.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CsJ2HMA2I&hd=1 - basic intro
- http://www.michaelnielsen.org/ddi/how-the-bitcoin-protocol-actually-works/ 
- https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6480464 - "We've passed the point where superficial (non-technical) analysis of Bitcoin can add anything useful to the discussion. Right now, we need thought put into the permanent, public history of the block chain and how that accountability, fully harnessed, will interface with the power structures of the world. It's an unfathomably complex topic."
- Listen to Bitcoin - Realtime Bitcoin transaction and trade visualizer.
- fiatleak.com - watch the world currencies flow into BTC in realtime
- Bitcoin Scope - dead?
- https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer - aka minerd
- BTC Guild is a Bitcoin Mining Pool, and one of the oldest remaining Bitcoin pools. BTC Guild tries to provide a simple but clean interface, full of all the statistics that a savvy miner would want to see.
minerd username is poolusername.workername
- Coinpunk is a project to build an open source, self-hosted DIY bitcoin wallet service you can run on your own server.
- MultiBit is a secure, lightweight, international Bitcoin wallet for Windows, MacOS and Linux
- BTC-e.com serves as a platform for individuals interested in buying and selling Bitcoins using an assortment of world currencies.
- #bitcoin-otc is an over-the-counter marketplace for trading with bitcoin. The marketplace is located in #bitcoin-otc channel on the freenode IRC network
- BitBar - buy alcohol with bitcoin
- Bitrated - Bitcoin arbitration marketplace. Protect yourself against online fraud with Bitcoin's m-of-n transactions.
- http://blog.oleganza.com/post/67885463476/how-to-launder-bitcoins-perfectly 
- https://www.proofofexistence.com/ - Use our service to anonymously and securely store an online distributed proof of existence for any document.
- http://words.steveklabnik.com/how-dogecoin-changed-my-perspective-on-cryptocurrency 
- http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/20/jamaican-bobsled-team-raises-dogecoin-winter-olympics 
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_contract - computer protocols that facilitate, verify, or enforce the negotiation or performance of a contract, or that make a contractual clause unnecessary. Smart contracts usually also have a user interface and often emulate the logic of contractual clauses. Proponents of smart contracts claim that many kinds of contractual clauses may thus be made partially or fully self-executing, self-enforcing, or both. Smart contracts aim to provide security superior to traditional contract law and to reduce other transaction costs associated with contracting.
Code supporting this is a latent part of the bitcoin protocol, based on probabilistic and anonymous (proof-of-work based) Byzantine replication. One proposal for using bitcoin for replicated asset registration and contract execution is called "colored coins". A replicated domain name registry is implemented in Namecoin; replicated titles for potentially arbitrary forms of property, along with replicated contract execution, are implemented in Crypti, Ripple, Mastercoin and Ethereum. NXT implements replicated property titles based on proof-of-stake in the underlying currency.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethereum - a public blockchain platform with smart contract functionality. It provides a decentralized virtual machine that can execute peer-to-peer contracts using a cryptocurrency called Ether (unofficial code ETH). Ethereum was initially proposed by Vitalik Buterin in late 2013, and the genesis block, marking the live release of the Ethereum project, occurred on 30 July 2015.