Things and Stuff Wiki - An organically evolving personal wiki knowledge base with an on-the-fly taxonomy containing a patchwork of topic outlines, descriptions, notes and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, videos, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. Quality varies drastically. Use the Table of Contents menu to navigate long pages, use the header Small-ToC and Tiny-ToC links to reduce the menu size. Possibly not that mobile friendly atm. Feedback, general contacting me, and IRC idling in #tnswiki on Freenode (web chat). See About for login and other info. / et / em
See also Money
- 1 General
- 2 Bitcoin
- 3 Altcoins
- 4 Smart contracts
- 5 to sort
- 6 DNSChain
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_chain_(database) - a distributed database, introduced in Bitcoin, that maintains a continuously-growing list of data records that each refer to previous items on this list and is thus hardened against tampering and revision. The initial and most widely known application of block chain technology is the public ledger of transactions for bitcoin, which has been the inspiration for other cryptocurrencies and distributed database designs.
- How much electricity is consumed by Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Monero? | Great Wall of Numbers - 
- BitCoin Get - Earn bitcoins for watching videos and completing simple tasks.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CsJ2HMA2I&hd=1 - basic intro
- http://www.michaelnielsen.org/ddi/how-the-bitcoin-protocol-actually-works/ 
- https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=6480464 - "We've passed the point where superficial (non-technical) analysis of Bitcoin can add anything useful to the discussion. Right now, we need thought put into the permanent, public history of the block chain and how that accountability, fully harnessed, will interface with the power structures of the world. It's an unfathomably complex topic."
- Listen to Bitcoin - Realtime Bitcoin transaction and trade visualizer.
- fiatleak.com - watch the world currencies flow into BTC in realtime
- Bitcoin Scope - dead?
- https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer - aka minerd
- BTC Guild is a Bitcoin Mining Pool, and one of the oldest remaining Bitcoin pools. BTC Guild tries to provide a simple but clean interface, full of all the statistics that a savvy miner would want to see.
minerd username is poolusername.workername
- Coinpunk is a project to build an open source, self-hosted DIY bitcoin wallet service you can run on your own server.
- MultiBit is a secure, lightweight, international Bitcoin wallet for Windows, MacOS and Linux
- BTC-e.com serves as a platform for individuals interested in buying and selling Bitcoins using an assortment of world currencies.
- #bitcoin-otc is an over-the-counter marketplace for trading with bitcoin. The marketplace is located in #bitcoin-otc channel on the freenode IRC network
- BitBar - buy alcohol with bitcoin
- Bitrated - Bitcoin arbitration marketplace. Protect yourself against online fraud with Bitcoin's m-of-n transactions.
- http://blog.oleganza.com/post/67885463476/how-to-launder-bitcoins-perfectly 
- https://www.proofofexistence.com/ - Use our service to anonymously and securely store an online distributed proof of existence for any document.
- http://words.steveklabnik.com/how-dogecoin-changed-my-perspective-on-cryptocurrency 
- http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/20/jamaican-bobsled-team-raises-dogecoin-winter-olympics 
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_contract - computer protocols that facilitate, verify, or enforce the negotiation or performance of a contract, or that make a contractual clause unnecessary. Smart contracts usually also have a user interface and often emulate the logic of contractual clauses. Proponents of smart contracts claim that many kinds of contractual clauses may thus be made partially or fully self-executing, self-enforcing, or both. Smart contracts aim to provide security superior to traditional contract law and to reduce other transaction costs associated with contracting.
Code supporting this is a latent part of the bitcoin protocol, based on probabilistic and anonymous (proof-of-work based) Byzantine replication. One proposal for using bitcoin for replicated asset registration and contract execution is called "colored coins". A replicated domain name registry is implemented in Namecoin; replicated titles for potentially arbitrary forms of property, along with replicated contract execution, are implemented in Crypti, Ripple, Mastercoin and Ethereum. NXT implements replicated property titles based on proof-of-stake in the underlying currency.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethereum - a public blockchain platform with smart contract functionality. It provides a decentralized virtual machine that can execute peer-to-peer contracts using a cryptocurrency called Ether (unofficial code ETH). Ethereum was initially proposed by Vitalik Buterin in late 2013, and the genesis block, marking the live release of the Ethereum project, occurred on 30 July 2015.
- Request Network - A decentralized network built on top of Ethereum, which allows anyone, anywhere to request a payment.
- Holochain - a distributed web with user autonomy built directly into its architecture and protocols. Data is about remembering our lived and shared experiences. Distributing the storage and processing of that data can change how we coordinate and interact. With digital integration under user control, Holochain liberates our online lives from corporate control over our choices and information.
- Fabric - an extension to the Bitcoin protocol, allowing applications to built and deployed today. Changes to Bitcoin are not necessary. Nodes on the Fabric network are rewarded for their efforts, proportional to their contributions, using self-enforcing contracts.
- ZeroNet - Open, free and uncensorable websites, using Bitcoin cryptography and BitTorrent network
- Fluree - A scalable blockchain database that combines enterprise capability with blockchain proof and security.
- Clovers - Visual Digital Assets generated with the game Reversi as Proof-of-Work and rewarded in ERC20 Club Tokens.
- LBRY - a free, open, and community-run digital marketplace. You own your data. You control the network. Indeed, you are the network. Hollywood films, college lessons, amazing streamers and more are on the first media network ruled by you.