Things and Stuff Wiki - An organically evolving personal wiki knowledge base with an on-the-fly taxonomy containing topic outlines, descriptions, notes and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, videos, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. Quality varies drastically. Use the Table of Contents to navigate long pages, use the Small-ToC and Tiny-ToC header links on longer pages. Not that mobile friendly atm. #tnswiki on freenode IRC for feedback chat, or see About for login and further information. / et / em
and not so
- CKEditor 4 - The battle-tested WYSIWYG HTML editor, when you need even more features and legacy compatibility.
- CKEditor 5 - A set of ready to use rich text editors created with a powerful framework - A set of ready to use rich text editors created with a powerful framework.
- Alloy Editor - a modern WYSIWYG editor built on top of CKEditor 4, designed to create modern and gorgeous web content
- http://ccideas.com/howto/drupal-7-wysiwyg-tinymce-is-ugly/ - wysiwyg tinymce.inc has hardcoded
- wysihtml5 is an open source rich text editor based on HTML5 technology and the progressive-enhancement approach. It uses a sophisticated security concept and aims to generate fully valid HTML5 markup by preventing unmaintainable tag soups and inline styles. The code is completely library agnostic: No jQuery, Prototype or similar is required.
- https://github.com/guardian/scribe 
- HTML Notepad - a WYSIWYG editor of structured documents: texts that have hierarchical and semantically meaningful (oxymoron, no?) structure: headers, list, plaintext islands, tables and so on. 
- http://markitup.jaysalvat.com/home/ - non-wysiwyg
- http://benweet.github.io/stackedit/ - markdown