See also Mapping
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikivoyage - replaces wikitravel
- Hitchwiki - a collaborative website for gathering information about hitchhiking and other ways of extremely cheap ways of transport. It is maintained by many active hitchhikers all around the world. We have information about how to hitch out of big cities, how to cover long distances, maps and many more tips.
- Nomadwiki — info and tips for nomads about shoestring budget traveling. Here you'll find out about free camping and tramp lifestyle, not for tourists.
- World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms - Linking volunteers with organic farms and growers
- Help Exchange (HelpX) - an online listing of host organic farms, non-organic farms, farmstays, homestays, ranches, lodges, B&Bs, backpackers hostels and even sailing boats who invite volunteer helpers to stay with them short-term in exchange for food and accommodation.
- BeWelcome- Step inside and invite travelers to your home, find hosts all over the world, and become part of our multicultural hospitality community. We are not-for-profit, open source, and exclusively run by members in a transparent and democratic way.
- The Warm Showers Community - a free worldwide hospitality exchange for touring cyclists. People who are willing to host touring cyclists sign up and provide their contact information, and may occasionally have someone stay with them and share great stories and a drink.
Living and travel cost
- redspottedhanky.com is your one stop shop for all your train ticket needs.
- National Rail Enquiries - We are the definitive source of customer information for all passenger rail services on the National Rail network in England, Wales and Scotland. NRE is part of the Association of Train Operating Companies (ATOC), which is responsible for providing business services to the Train Operating Companies.
- trains.im - Open National Rail times, maps and stats
- Journey Price Calculator - Quickly and easily calculate the price of your journey using our petrol cost calculator.
- Apertis - a versatile open source infrastructure tailored to the automotive needs and fit for a wide variety of electronic devices. Security and modularity are two of its primary strengths. Apertis provides a feature-rich framework for add-on software and resilient upgrade capabilities. Beyond an operating system, it offers new APIs, tools and cloud services.
- UK Vehicle Statistics - provides detailed Car and Motorbike data in a way that is useful to you. This information could be used when considering purchasing, leasing or selling your vehicle.We also provide the functionality to compare vehicles enabling you to better understand which has has the most/least reported faults and visibility of recurring issues.All statistics are displayed for specified registration plates. This data is kept up-to-date each night and will reflect any vehicle transfers within 24 hours of the DVLA releasing the information.
- SkyVector - Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts