Jump to navigation Jump to search
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_communications - a business term describing the integration of enterprise communication services such as instant messaging (chat), presence information, voice (including IP telephony), mobility features (including extension mobility and single number reach), audio, web & video conferencing, fixed-mobile convergence (FMC), desktop sharing, data sharing (including web connected electronic interactive whiteboards), call control and speech recognition with non-real-time communication services such as unified messaging (integrated voicemail, e-mail, SMS and fax). UC is not necessarily a single product, but a set of products that provides a consistent unified user interface and user experience across multiple devices and media types.
- BigBlueButton - a web conferencing system designed for online learning. Synchronous learning tools should feel like part of your management system (LMS). Instructure, Schoology, Jenzabar, and D2L all ship their LMS with a native integration for BigBlueButton. Moodle and Sakai have plugins for deep integration. And BigBlueButton is learning tools interoperability (LTI) 1.0 compliant for widest adoption.
- Elastix - an unified communications server software that brings together IP PBX, email, IM, faxing and collaboration functionality. It has a Web interface and includes capabilities such as a call center software with predictive dialing. The Elastix 2.5 functionality is based on open source projects including Asterisk, FreePBX, HylaFAX, Openfire and Postfix. Those packages offer the PBX, fax, instant messaging and email functions, respectively.
- FreedomBox - Debian based software stack for smart devices whose engineered purpose is to work together to facilitate free communication among people, safely and securely, beyond the ambition of the strongest power to penetrate. They can make freedom of thought and information a permanent, ineradicable feature of the net that holds our souls.
- Anyfesto - uses Raspberry Pi/CHIP computers as total communication devices. Utilizing proven Open Source Software an Anyfesto install offers audio streaming, file sharing, text and voice communications, education content and more. Any manifestation of a meeting - in the schools or in the streets - is going to need clear communication. Anyfesto is the toolbox to make that happen.
- https://github.com/LibraryBox-Dev/alexandria - Alexandria is a librarian for files, intended to replace the scripts that run LibraryBox and PirateBox. Alexandria has two parts: The library server and the configuration generator.
- BiblioBox - Nomadic device for accessing digital resources. Declination of the PirateBox (and its LibraryBox fork).
- https://github.com/fosscord/fosscord-server - Fosscord Server (selfhostable open source discord server) (contains api + cdn + gateway + dashboard + voice)