Things and Stuff Wiki - An organically evolving personal wiki knowledge base with a totally on-the-fly taxonomy containing topic outlines, descriptions and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. Use the Table of Contents to navigate and the Small-ToC / Tiny-TOC header links on longer pages. probably not that mobile friendly atm. I am milk (or milkii) on Freenode IRC, give me a pm for feedback, or see About for login and further information. / et / em
- 1 General
- 2 Custom ROMs
- 3 Apps
- 4 PC
- 5 Logging
- 6 Trebel
- 7 SDK
- 8 Coding
- 9 X
- 10 Linux
- https://github.com/zach-klippenstein/adbfs - A FUSE filesystem that uses goadb to expose Android devices' filesystems.
adb devices # list connected devices adb push filename /sdcard/ # transfer file to phone sdcard adb flash
- https://github.com/kmdm/unruu/ - a simple command line utility to extract the rom.zip file from a HTC RUU update executable. Please note that it'll output the rom.zip file to your current directory.
fastboot oem rebootRUU fastboot flash zip firmware.zip fastboot reboot
Use a tool, or use a ROM that provides root access.
- https://github.com/react2409/X10-Mini-Pro-Utilities - X10 devices
- http://stumproot.org - LG devices
- https://shortfuse.org/superoneclick - windows
Flash TWRP bootloader, use that to install a custom/stock ROM.
S-ON protected phones also need to flash the complementart boot.bin, which is inside the main ROM archive file.
See also Distros#Mobile phone
- BasketBuild - We provide free hosting for all of your favorite Android developers! Developers work really hard to bring you the best ROMs, Kernels, Apps and all things Android so make sure to say thanks!
- http://dlbeta.codefi.re - torrent and webtorrent
- LineageOS - a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LineageOS - the successor to the highly popular custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.
- Remix OS - began as a vision for a world in which the boundaries between mobile and PC would forever be eliminated. Join the millions of users who have already switched to Remix OS and become a part of the future of Android PC. 
Resurrection Remix OS
- Replicant - a fully free Android distribution running on several devices, a free software mobile operating system putting the emphasis on freedom and privacy/security
Android Ice Cold Project (AICP)
- Paranoid Android - a custom ROM aiming to extend the system, working on enhancing the already existing beauty of Android and following the same design philosophies that were set forward by Google for Android Open Source Project.
- OmniROM - innovation, new features, transparency, community, and freedom.] - Android custom ROM variant, feature-packed but always with stability as #1 priority in mind. Based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and enriched by our developers with lots of custom enhancements, OmniROM has set out to give you a great Android experience on your mobile.
- CopperheadOS - A security and privacy focused mobile operating system compatible with Android apps
- CarbonROM - an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project created with the purpose of adding versatility and customization to stock Android. Stability is our highest priority; our vision is to be the best alternative to a stock operating system for your device.
- Nameless Rom - provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
- https://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-desire-hd/development/1-t3290411/ - Unofficial RR 5.6.0 for Desire HD
- F-Droid is an installable catalogue of FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) applications for the Android platform. The client makes it easy to browse, install, and keep track of updates on your device.
- The Open GApps Project - Google Apps (a.k.a. GApps) are the proprietary Google-branded applications that come pre-installed with most Android devices, such as Google Play Services, Play Store, Gmail, Maps, etc. Due to licensing restrictions, these apps do not come pre-installed with ROMs others than those from vendors that are part of the Open Handset Alliance and must be installed as a sideload package by the user themselves. You can download one of the Open GApps pre-built packages from OpenGApps.org or you can compile a package yourself using the instructions from The Open GApps Project Github page.
- microG Project - A free-as-in-freedom re-implementation of Google’s proprietary Android user space apps and libraries.
- live dmesg lite - bootlog
- https://github.com/ukanth/afwall - Android Firewall+ (AFWall+) is an advanced iptables editor (GUI) for Android. It provides fine-grained control over which Android apps are allowed to access the network.
- https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard - provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet - no root required. Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.
- Blokada - efficiently blocks ads, tracking and malware. It saves your data plan, makes your device faster and protects your privacy. It's free, open source and secure.
See the Hackers Keyboard.
- ZShaolin GNU / Linux terminal - Zsh + etc. $ / OSS
- http://www.dyne.org/software/zshaolin/ - requires 240Mb free!
- Termux is a terminal emulator and Linux environment bringing powerful terminal access to Android.
- http://paperlined.org/apps/android/hardware_keyboard.html - You can attach a PC keyboard and mouse to an Android device, using Bluetooth or USB, and Android supports them surprisingly well.
- Flexpansion - really good autocomplete/correct
- http://www.mobiletextinput.com/ - SlideIT
- AnySoftKeyboard - OSS
- 8pen - $
- Minuum Keyboard - $
- Thumb Keyboard - $
- Fleksy Keyboard Free - not compatible with G2
- https://github.com/pelya/android-keyboard-gadget - Convert your Android device into USB keyboard/mouse, control your PC from your Android device remotely, including BIOS/bootloader.
- K-9 Mail - An advanced email client for Android
- https://github.com/bboozzoo/mconnect - Vala (Gnome)
- MAXS (Modular Android XMPP Suite), a set of open-source GPLv3 licensed Android applications, allows you to control your Android device and receive notifications over XMPP. For example, you can compose and send a SMS message on your desktop/laptop by sending a command message from every standard compliant XMPP client to MAXS running on your smartphone.
- TubeMate - YouTube Downloader
- http://coolreader.org/ - no pdf
- TextSecure is a replacement for the standard text messaging application, allowing you to send and receive text messages as normal.
- PushBullet makes it easy to push files, links, reminders and more between your Android devices, to your friends, and even to your computer quickly, easily and securely.
- Vidiom captures MP4 video and allows you to publish them to a variety of video hosting services.
- H3Droid - an Android built for Allwinner H3 and H2+ based devices! It may not be purrrfect, but it's better! Also, did we mention, free?