to merge with Physics?
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barycenter - or barycentre; from the Ancient Greek βαρύς heavy + κέντρον center, is the center of mass of two or more bodies that orbit one another and is the point about which the bodies orbit. It is an important concept in such fields as astronomy and astrophysics. The distance from a body's center of mass to the barycenter can be calculated as a two-body problem.
Stars Not Where They Seemed or Were Calculated to be, but Nobody Need Worry.
- Astronomical Calendars - "Over the past few years, I have been adding different astronomical events to an iCal calendar, mainly the moons and seasons. I've built up a pretty good calendar and decided to make it available to others as an iCalendar/vCalendar (ics) subscription."
- RealEarth - a data discovery and visualization platform developed at SSEC/CIMSS at the University of Wisconsin-Madison to support outreach and collaboration efforts of scientists.
- SATFLARE - In this page you can track in real time all the satellites orbiting the Earth, with both 2D and 3D interactive representations, predict their passes, view their trajectory among stars on an interactive sky chart, predict satellite flares and transits (across the Sun and the Moon), find out the best location to see these events on a detailed Google map. You can also follow satellite re-entries and other special events, join the observer community, post messages and share your comments and observations. Currently in our database we have more than 9000 observation reports!
- AWS Ground Station - a fully managed service that lets you control satellite communications, downlink and process satellite data, and scale your satellite operations quickly, easily and cost-effectively without having to worry about building or managing your own ground station infrastructure. Satellites are used for a wide variety of use cases, including weather forecasting, surface imaging, communications, and video broadcasts. Ground stations are at the core of global satellite networks, which are facilities that provide communications between the ground and the satellites by using antennas to receive data and control systems to send radio signals to command and control the satellite. Today, you must either build your own ground stations and antennas, or obtain long-term leases with ground station providers, often in multiple countries to provide enough opportunities to contact the satellites as they orbit the globe. Once all this data is downloaded, you need servers, storage, and networking in close proximity to the antennas to process, store, and transport the data from the satellites.
- https://github.com/cameronleger/goes16-background - goes16-background is a Python 3 script that fetches near-realtime (~15 minutes delayed) Full Disk Natural Color image of Earth as its taken by GOES-16 and sets it as your desktop background.
- https://github.com/cameronleger/himawaripy - Put near-realtime picture of Earth as your desktop background
- https://github.com/dandelany/animate-earth - earth_asia Himawari satellite imagery motion interpolation
- SExtractor – Astromatic.net - a program that builds a catalogue of objects from an astronomical image. Although it is particularly oriented towards reduction of large scale galaxy-survey data, it can perform reasonably well on moderately crowded star fields.