Jump to navigation Jump to search
Some explicit requests between folk from points in the past.
- Don't leave lights or computers on when moving to another rooms for a time or going out
- Adjust oven shelf position so food is heated nearer the top
- Open the window after a crap or a bath
- Separate recycling from black bag bin waste
- Fold down cardboard boxes
- When full, empty the living room bins into the kitchen bins
- Wash dishes within 24 hours of using them
- Soak or fill dirty dishes with water, wait, lazy wipe with dirty sponge and put to the side
- Empty, clean then refill the sink
- Put dishes in, maybe soak more, wash with clean sponge, rinse under tap, put on dish rack
- Use now dirty water to soak new dirty dishes, repeat
- Wash oily items last and use only the dirty sponges
- The older foam cloth with the edge cut off is only for drying the draining board.
- Don't put clean items directly on the draining board; use the dish rack, come back and do another sesh after an hour
- Leave the sink either properly soaking or empty and clean
- Put away items after they have dried, open the window to help
- Wash cafetiere/moka pot within 6 hours of use, separately of other dirty dishes
Transfer waste to the recycling and general waste bins outside by end of Monday evening to be picked up Tuesday morning.
- Glass goes out separately in the blue box
- Clean the kitchen bin with kitchen spray and tatty sponge/wipes
- Clear fridge of off, mouldy and other bad or unwanted food
- Clear litter and rubbish from floors
- Tidy away (or freeshop) random items that aren't going to be used
- Separate clothes into groups of cotton, synthetic and wool to wash
- Remove things from the washer and put up to dry within 3 hours of the cycling ending
to checkout: chesnut milk
Energy supply comparisons;
- Energylinx - makes the process of comparing and changing domestic energy suppliers as easy and secure as possible.
- UK Power - an energy comparison site. We compare gas and electricity suppliers to help people find the cheapest energy prices, switch to a better deal and cut the cost of their bills!
- http://unfrack.me - renewable based only
- http://electricityinfo.org - environmental news & information about the UK electricity supply industry