Jump to navigation Jump to search
- YouTube: The art of DJing - Resident Advisor playlist
- YouTube: Digital DJ Tips
- DJ TechTools: Phrase Mixing: Throwback Thursday DJ Technique
- https://github.com/EvanPurkhiser/keyfinder-cli - used to estimate the musical key of many different audio file formats.
- Mixxx has everything you need to start making DJ mixes in a tight, integrated package. Whether you're DJing your next house party, spinning at a club, or broadcasting as a radio DJ, Mixxx has what you need to do it right.
- media.ccc.de - Djing with FLOSS: Mixxx Workshop - LAC 2018.
- (https://github.com/helixarch/debtap - A script for converting .deb packages into Arch Linux packages)
- https://zezic.ru/mixxx - skin
- https://github.com/arximboldi/mixco - a framework for creating hardware controller scripts for the amazing Mixxx DJ software
- https://github.com/LorenzoBalducci96/custom-cdj - A raspberry-pi Cdj project realized with the usage of mixxx for the audio software and Arduino Leonardo for input reading. The MIDI protocol is used for the communication between Arduino and the Raspberry.
- BpmDj - Free DJ tools contains an automatic & accurate BPM counter. Determines sound color, rythm & echo. The player provides measurejumps, persistent cue's and beatgraphs. The program requires multiple dsp's or computers. http://bpmdj.yellowcouch.org/
- Data Jockey - largely centered around a database of music and information about this music. The music is provided by the user. The information about the music is gathered from audio file meta data (information from id3 tags), computed through feature extraction techniques, and also provided directly by the user. Numerical data items, usually computed, are referred to as 'descriptors'. Textual data items, usually provided by the user, are referred to as 'tags'. Tags allow users to provide their own organization schemes.
- https://git.2f30.org/ncmixer/file/README.html - ncurses audio mixer for DJ'ing
- DJPlay - aims to be a high class live DJing application for Linux. old.
- olaboola - cyber-shamanic noise-maker. oolaboola is a digital DJ tool. It allows you to mix .wav files in real-time modifying their rate of play, levels etc. Various facets of its behavior can be controlled via an rc file, environment variables, and command-line options. Settings provided by more than one of those override each other in that same order.
Development died in 2000
- https://github.com/COx2/CatDeck - DJ deck works as a VST effect plugin. Linux?
- DJUCED - This advanced, high-performance solution for DJs allows you to mix, remix and host parties with ease. Designed for experienced DJs, DJUCED nonetheless offers an ergonomic interface, performance assistance features and scalable content, ensuring a quick start-up and limitless creativity. DJUCED allows you to perform classic two-deck mixes, or to select a four-deck remix display, dedicated to performance.
- https://codeberg.org/Be.ing/moire - a new DJ application written in Rust with a DAW-like timeline interface.
- xwax - an open-source Digital Vinyl System (DVS) for Linux. It allows DJs and turntablists to playback digital audio files (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and more), controlled using a normal pair of turntables via timecoded vinyls. It's designed for both beat mixing and scratch mixing. Needle drops, pitch changes, scratching, spinbacks and rewinds are all supported, and feel just like the audio is pressed onto the vinyl itself. The focus is on an accurate vinyl feel which is efficient, stable and fast.
- Digital-Scratch - a software that analyzes motions (rotation speed and direction) of a vinyl disc played by a turntable. It also provides a nice and simple player that play your favorite tracks allowing you to mix as you would do it with regular records.
- terminatorX - realtime audio synthesizer, allows “scratching” on digitally sampled audio data (*.wav, *.au, *.ogg, *.mp3, etc.) the way hiphop-DJs scratch on vinyl records. It features multiple turntables, realtime effects (buit-in as well as LADSPA plugin effects), a sequencer and MIDI interface – all accessible through an easy-to-use gtk+ GUI.
- PiDeck - digital music played old school. To use a PiDeck, plug in a USB stick containing audio files, select the track you want, and play the control record just as if it was analogue. That's all it does, the DJ skills are up to you. Pull out the USB stick and the next DJ can take over. We wanted to make a system which was simple, accessible and fun. It's the Joy of Decks.
- Digital-Scratch - vinyl disc emulation software. analyzes motions (rotation speed and direction) of a vinyl disc played by a turntable.It also provides a nice and simple player that play your favorite tracks allowing you to mix as you would do it with regular records.Select a tune on the player and start your turntable.
- https://github.com/JOJ0/discodos - command0line tool to help a DJ remember and analyze what they played in their sets, or what they could possibly play in the future. It's based on data pulled from a users Discogs record collection. Tracks can be organized into playlists and mix-transitions rated. Additionally the collection can be linked to the online music information services MusicBrainz and AcousticBrainz, thus further information (like musical key and BPM) is made available to the user.DiscoDOS primarily aims at the Vinyl DJ but features for "Hybrid-Vinyl-Digital-DJs" are planned
- MadJACK - a MPEG Audio Deck for the Jack Audio Connection Kit with an OSC based control interface. It was written as a backend for DJ music playback and is released under the GPL license.
- https://github.com/adiknoth/4deckradio - Multi-deck media playback for radio stations
- https://github.com/Holzhaus/rekordcrate - library to parse device exports for the CDJ/XDJ series players (usually exported from the Pioneer Rekordbox DJ software), written in Rust.
- doesn't build from AUR atm
- https://github.com/dsheeler/DigitalDJ - An xmms2 and jack client that uses espeak to announce info upon song change.
- https://github.com/EvanPurkhiser/prolink-go - This go library provides an API to the Pioneer PRO DJ LINK network. Providing various interactions and event subscribing.
- https://github.com/rasteri/SC1000 - portable digital scratch instrument which loads samples and beats from a USB stick. At less than the size of three stacked DVD cases, it’s probably the smallest integrated portablist solution ever. Despite this, the software and hardware have been carefully tuned and optimised, and it’s responsive enough for even the most complex scratch patterns.