Things and Stuff Wiki - an organically evolving knowledge base wiki with a totally on-the-fly taxonomy containing topic outlines, descriptions and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. use the Table of Contents for navigation on longer pages. see About for further information. / et / em
- Mixxx has everything you need to start making DJ mixes in a tight, integrated package. Whether you're DJing your next house party, spinning at a club, or broadcasting as a radio DJ, Mixxx has what you need to do it right.
- https://zezic.ru/mixxx - skin
- BpmDj - Free DJ tools contains an automatic & accurate BPM counter. Determines sound color, rythm & echo. The player provides measurejumps, persistent cue's and beatgraphs. The program requires multiple dsp's or computers. http://bpmdj.yellowcouch.org/
- Data Jockey - largely centered around a database of music and information about this music. The music is provided by the user. The information about the music is gathered from audio file meta data (information from id3 tags), computed through feature extraction techniques, and also provided directly by the user. Numerical data items, usually computed, are referred to as 'descriptors'. Textual data items, usually provided by the user, are referred to as 'tags'. Tags allow users to provide their own organization schemes.
- DJPlay - aims to be a high class live DJing application for Linux. old.
- olaboola - cyber-shamanic noise-maker. oolaboola is a digital DJ tool. It allows you to mix .wav files in real-time modifying their rate of play, levels etc. Various facets of its behavior can be controlled via an rc file, environment variables, and command-line options. Settings provided by more than one of those override each other in that same order.
Development died in 2000
- xwax is an open-source Digital Vinyl System (DVS) for Linux. It allows DJs and turntablists to playback digital audio files (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and more), controlled using a normal pair of turntables via timecoded vinyls. It's designed for both beat mixing and scratch mixing. Needle drops, pitch changes, scratching, spinbacks and rewinds are all supported, and feel just like the audio is pressed onto the vinyl itself. The focus is on an accurate vinyl feel which is efficient, stable and fast.
- Digital-Scratch is a software that analyzes motions (rotation speed and direction) of a vinyl disc played by a turntable. It also provides a nice and simple player that play your favorite tracks allowing you to mix as you would do it with regular records.
- terminatorX - realtime audio synthesizer, allows “scratching” on digitally sampled audio data (*.wav, *.au, *.ogg, *.mp3, etc.) the way hiphop-DJs scratch on vinyl records. It features multiple turntables, realtime effects (buit-in as well as LADSPA plugin effects), a sequencer and MIDI interface – all accessible through an easy-to-use gtk+ GUI.
- doesn't build from AUR atm