Things and Stuff Wiki - An organically evolving personal wiki knowledge base with a totally on-the-fly taxonomy containing topic outlines, descriptions and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. Use the Table of Contents to navigate on longer pages, use the Small-ToC and Tiny-ToC above on longer pages. probably not that mobile friendly atm. I am milk (or milkii) on Freenode IRC, give me a pm for feedback, or see About for login and further information. / et / em
still hashing about.
- Eames: Design is a Method of Action 
- Dieter Rams: ten principles for good design
- Paul Rand: Thoughts on Design
- Building games that can be understood at a glance - Zach Gage, GDC 2018
- A Crash Course in Information & Visual Design - September 29 2012
- https://medium.com/facebook-design/critique-is-an-important-part-of-any-design-process-whether-you-work-as-part-of-a-team-or-solo-ef3dcb299ce3 
- http://emeeks.github.io/gestaltdataviz/section1.html 
Design and brand guides
- UX Bookmark: A huge list of Style Guides and UI Guidelines
- http://alistapart.com/article/creating-style-guides 
- Government Digital Service - Design Principles
- https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7219795 - yelp
- http://www.openculture.com/2016/03/3900-pages-of-paul-klees-personal-notebooks-are-now-online.html 
- Site type and size
- Basic info and description
- Additional content
- Separate pages and areas
- Custom functionality
- Brand and style
- Colour scheme
Cloud Web Design
- Business Card, Articles, Blogging, Image Galleries, etc.
- WordPress.com, Tumblr.com, etc.
- From £400.
- Plus costs (£40/yr for theme & ad-free, plus domain).
Web Site Design and Build
- Self-hosted Drupal site with bespoke configuration and theme
- Using process estimation tools vs. budget
- From £650 (5 days), at £130 a day
- SSL cert. extra
Hosting and maintenance
- £15/mth for hosting, plus security upgrades
Support, Training, Consultancy £25/hr for additional backend or administration support, or £100 for a full day consultation.
Cloud site setup and custom theme, from £400, or a full site with bespoke backend and custom theme, starting at £650.
- Define UX+IA to fit context of content and users
- What kinds of users? What do they want to see? (User story?)
- Create/brainstorm a sitemap outline/diagram of pages(/addresses)
- What are the primary pages/areas of the site?
- What info to display on each of these for their users?
- What content needs to be written?
- What elements (content areas, etc.) go on each page?
- Page (as a part of the site as a whole)
- Primary navigation always available
- Secondary area navigation depends on area (or subarea) context
- Primary page info/content
- Secondary blocks of info/content
- Wireframe layout for mobile first and desktop (and then tablet)
- How can the project brand differ yet retain continuity in each area its pages?
Guides and examples
- Style Tiles are a design deliverable consisting of fonts, colors and interface elements that communicate the essence of a visual brand for the web. They help form a common visual language between the designers and the stakeholders and provide a catalyst for discussions around the preferences and goals of the client.
- styletil.es has good ideas but a lack of templates..
- Style Tiles and How They Work - March 27, 2012
- http://www.creativebloq.com/web-design/style-tiles-4132333 The web designer's guide to style tiles]
- Our New Responsive Design Deliverable: The Style Prototype
- The Nine Pillars of Successful Web Teams - July 9, 2003
- The Web Design Process Everyone Should Follow - o rly?, Dec 16th 2010
- Simple Usability/UX Checklist- March 29th, 2011
- Hacking: Always Design the UX First - June 4th, 2012
GUI and HCI
slashdot, moderationm, metamoderation, ontology, etc...
See also Search#SEO.2C_SEM.2C_SMO
- http://jtnimoy.net/?q=178 - tron