- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_design - the design of buildings, products or environments to make them accessible to all people, regardless of age, disability or other factors.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_design_elements_and_principles - fundamental ideas about the practice of visual design.
- Building games that can be understood at a glance - Zach Gage, GDC 2018
- A Crash Course in Information & Visual Design - September 29 2012
- https://medium.com/facebook-design/critique-is-an-important-part-of-any-design-process-whether-you-work-as-part-of-a-team-or-solo-ef3dcb299ce3 
Design and brand guides
- UX Bookmark: A huge list of Style Guides and UI Guidelines
- http://alistapart.com/article/creating-style-guides 
- Government Digital Service - Design Principles
- https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7219795 - yelp
- http://www.openculture.com/2016/03/3900-pages-of-paul-klees-personal-notebooks-are-now-online.html 
- Site type and size
- Basic info and description
- Additional content
- Separate pages and areas
- Custom functionality
- Brand and style
- Colour scheme
Cloud Web Design
- Business Card, Articles, Blogging, Image Galleries, etc.
- WordPress.com, Tumblr.com, etc.
- Plus costs (for theme & ad-free, plus domain).
Web Site Design and Build
- Self-hosted Drupal site with bespoke configuration and theme
- Using process estimation tools vs. budget
- SSL cert. extra
Hosting and maintenance
Support, Training, Consultancy
Cloud site setup and custom theme, from £400, or a full site with bespoke backend and custom theme, starting at £650.
- Define UX+IA to fit context of content and users
- What kinds of users? What do they want to see? (User story?)
- Create/brainstorm a sitemap outline/diagram of pages(/addresses)
- What are the primary pages/areas of the site?
- What info to display on each of these for their users?
- What content needs to be written?
- What elements (content areas, etc.) go on each page?
- Page (as a part of the site as a whole)
- Primary navigation always available
- Secondary area navigation depends on area (or subarea) context
- Primary page info/content
- Secondary blocks of info/content
- Wireframe layout for mobile first and desktop (and then tablet)
- How can the project brand differ yet retain continuity in each area its pages?
Guides and examples
- Style Tiles are a design deliverable consisting of fonts, colors and interface elements that communicate the essence of a visual brand for the web. They help form a common visual language between the designers and the stakeholders and provide a catalyst for discussions around the preferences and goals of the client.
- styletil.es has good ideas but a lack of templates..
- Style Tiles and How They Work - March 27, 2012
- http://www.creativebloq.com/web-design/style-tiles-4132333 The web designer's guide to style tiles]
- Our New Responsive Design Deliverable: The Style Prototype
- The Nine Pillars of Successful Web Teams - July 9, 2003
- The Web Design Process Everyone Should Follow - o rly?, Dec 16th 2010
- Simple Usability/UX Checklist- March 29th, 2011
- Hacking: Always Design the UX First - June 4th, 2012
GUI and HCI
slashdot, moderation, metamoderation, ontology, etc...
See also Search#SEO.2C_SEM.2C_SMO
- http://jtnimoy.net/?q=178 - tron