- Questions to ask your future web dev employer - largely based on a list of questions Joel Spolsky came up with, but recontextualized for web development.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curriculum_vitae - provides an overview of a person's experience and other qualifications. In some countries, a CV is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview, when seeking employment.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Résumé - a document used by persons to present their backgrounds and skills. Résumés can be used for a variety of reasons, but most often they are used to secure new employment. A typical résumé contains a summary of relevant job experience and education. The résumé is usually one of the first items, along with a cover letter and sometimes an application for employment, which a potential employer sees regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview. The résumé is comparable to a curriculum vitae (CV) in many countries. However, it is substantially shorter than a CV in English Canada, the U.S. and Australia. In French, résumé means summary.
- Redditors who work in Human Resources, what red flags on a resume or cover letter will prevent a candidate from getting a call back? -serious-
- Resumonk - CV creation service
- CVsIntellect Resume Specialist is a free online resume builder that helps you create jaw-dropping, killer resumes that never fail to impress, within minutes.
- resume.io - Crazy-simple online resumes.
A job application is usually accompanied by a cover letter, which provides a supplementary overview of why you are suitable for the role. A cover letter is a great way to introduce yourself and your CV when applying for a specific position. They are generally one page at most in length, divided into a header, introduction, body, and closing. They should follow some key points:
- Reference where you learnt about the role and organisation
- Explain why you are sending the application
- Convince the reader to look at your CV
- Reflect your attitudes, skills and passions
- Creative Market is a platform for handcrafted, mousemade design content
- ThemeForest - Site Templates and Themes
- myjobscotland.gov.uk - Scottish local government jobs
- Indeed.co.uk -- good aggergator
- Test Ninjas - Freelance Software Testers - A Community of Freelancers Who Love To Test
- Technojobs - specialist IT and Technical jobsite.
- Current IT Jobs UK - listing IT Jobs in the UK
- oDesk is the world's largest and fastest-growing online workplace, ranked #1 by annual contractor earnings.
- Freelancer.com is the world's largest outsourcing marketplace
- FreelanceSwitch - costs to reply
Fruit & veg picking