Things and Stuff Wiki - An organically evolving personal wiki knowledge base with a totally on-the-fly taxonomy containing topic outlines, descriptions and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. Use the Table of Contents to navigate and the Small-ToC / Tiny-TOC header links on longer pages. probably not that mobile friendly atm. I am milk (or milkii) on Freenode IRC, give me a pm for feedback, or see About for login and further information. / et / em
- Questions to ask your future web dev employer - largely based on a list of questions Joel Spolsky came up with, but recontextualized for web development.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curriculum_vitae - provides an overview of a person's experience and other qualifications. In some countries, a CV is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview, when seeking employment.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Résumé - a document used by persons to present their backgrounds and skills. Résumés can be used for a variety of reasons, but most often they are used to secure new employment. A typical résumé contains a summary of relevant job experience and education. The résumé is usually one of the first items, along with a cover letter and sometimes an application for employment, which a potential employer sees regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview. The résumé is comparable to a curriculum vitae (CV) in many countries. However, it is substantially shorter than a CV in English Canada, the U.S. and Australia. In French, résumé means summary.
- Redditors who work in Human Resources, what red flags on a resume or cover letter will prevent a candidate from getting a call back? -serious-
- Resumonk - CV creation service
- CVsIntellect Resume Specialist is a free online resume builder that helps you create jaw-dropping, killer resumes that never fail to impress, within minutes.
- resume.io - Crazy-simple online resumes.
A job application is usually accompanied by a cover letter, which provides a supplementary overview of why you are suitable for the role. A cover letter is a great way to introduce yourself and your CV when applying for a specific position. They are generally one page at most in length, divided into a header, introduction, body, and closing. They should follow some key points:
- Reference where you learnt about the role and organisation
- Explain why you are sending the application
- Convince the reader to look at your CV
- Reflect your attitudes, skills and passions
- Creative Market is a platform for handcrafted, mousemade design content
- ThemeForest - Site Templates and Themes
- myjobscotland.gov.uk - Scottish local government jobs
- Indeed.co.uk -- good aggergator
- Test Ninjas - Freelance Software Testers - A Community of Freelancers Who Love To Test
- Technojobs - specialist IT and Technical jobsite.
- Current IT Jobs UK - listing IT Jobs in the UK
- oDesk is the world's largest and fastest-growing online workplace, ranked #1 by annual contractor earnings.
- Freelancer.com is the world's largest outsourcing marketplace
- FreelanceSwitch - costs to reply