Things and Stuff Wiki - an organically evolving knowledge base wiki with a totally on-the-fly taxonomy containing topic outlines, descriptions and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. use the Table of Contents for navigation on longer pages. see About for further information. / et / em
- 1 General
- 2 Setup
- 3 Work
- 4 Business types
- 5 Legal
- 6 Information
- 7 Postage and packaging
- 8 Sales
- 9 Mobile
- 10 Networking
- 11 Lifestyle
- 12 Other
- 13 Scotland
- Work and production
- CV and examples
- Portfolio and presentation
- Contacts and networking
- a responsive website for desktop, mobile and tablet
- optimized for search, social and advertising
- facebook channel
- twitter channel
- youtube channel
- pinterest presence
- whatsapp/snapchat presence
- e-mail newsletter
- https://www.reddit.com/r/PPC - pay-per click
- Writing a Business Plan : Startup Ideas - Sequoia Capital
- Life as a Mobile App Freelancer
- Everything I wish someone had told me (about freelancing)
- First month freelancing.
- Freelancing: A 6-Month Retrospective
- The other side of working for yourself
- My first year freelancing 
- 36 Places Mobile App Freelancers Can Find Clients
- career.fork() - How To Thrive As A Freelance Developer, book
- Ask HN: My wife needs something to do from home to make money...
- Ask HN: Your best passive income sources?
- IPSE (The Association of Independent Professionals and the Self Employed)
- http://www.inigo.net/ - edinburgh web design
You must set up the company with Companies House and let HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) know when the company starts business activities.
Every financial year, the company must:
- put together statutory accounts
- send Companies House an annual return
- send HMRC a Company Tax Return
The company must register for VAT if you expect its takings to be more than £77,000 a year.
If you’re a director of a limited company, you must:
- fill in a Self Assessment tax return every year
- pay tax and National Insurance through the PAYE system if the company pays you a salary
- Business Insider: Startup Document Center - american
- docracy - open legal contract collection and advice
- https://www.clerky.com/ - USA business
- YouTube: Warr IR35
- TL;DRLegal (Beta) - Lookup any software license shortly summarized in plain English.
See also Security
- How to Prevent a Snapchat Like Hack: Mobile App Security Guide
- A summary of the Data Protection Act 1998
- ICO: Need to notify under the Data Protection Act?
Terms and conditions
- The Sale of Goods Act (SOGA) hub provides comprehensive and up to date guidance on the Sale of Goods Act for retailers and business support organisations.
- OpenCorporates - The largest open database of companies in the world
Postage and packaging
- Ultimate Guide to SaaS Pricing by KISSmetric
- The Horizontal Distribution Hack - “Send Your Friends a Diwali Gift” went viral in India the way “Free Gfits” never did. “Crazy Taxi” went viral the way “Free Flash Games” never did. “Seinfeld TV Quote Quiz” went viral the way “TV Quotes Quiz” never did. And the best part? This still works today. And even more powerfully on mobile.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_label - Private-label products or services are typically those manufactured or provided by one company for offer under another company's brand. Private-label goods and services are available in a wide range of industries from food to cosmetics to web hosting. They are often positioned as lower-cost alternatives to regional, national or international brands, although recently some private label brands have been positioned as "premium" brands to compete with existing "name" brands.