Things and Stuff Wiki - An organically evolving personal wiki knowledge base with a totally on-the-fly taxonomy containing topic outlines, descriptions and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. Use the Table of Contents to navigate on longer pages, use the Small-ToC and Tiny-ToC above on longer pages. probably not that mobile friendly atm. I am milk (or milkii) on Freenode IRC, give me a pm for feedback, or see About for login and further information. / et / em
- https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12325921 - photosynthesis diversity
- Practical Plants - a collaboratively edited encyclopedia and database of information on plants cultivated with a practical intention. Over 7400 plant articles covering edible, medicinal and material uses, propagation and cultivation information, plant associations and polycultures, and everything else you need to know to grow and benefit from practical plants.
- Plants For A Future - researching and providing information on ecologically sustainable horticulture, as an integral part of designs involving high species diversity and permaculture principles. Approaches such as woodland/forest gardening use a minimal input of resources and energy, create a harmonious eco-system and cause the least possible damage to the environment, while still having the potential to achieve high productivity.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_apiana - white sage
- Monkey face orchids
- Chocolate Cosmos
- Psychotria Elata
- Aloe Polyphylla
- Trachyandra Tortilis
- albucus spiralis
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diphylleia - Diphylleia grayi
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaseolus_coccineus - scarlet runner bean
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germination - the process by which a plant grows from a seed. The most common example of germination is the sprouting of a seedling from a seed of an angiosperm or gymnosperm. However the growth of a sporeling from a spore, for example the growth of hyphae from fungal spores, is also germination. In a more general sense, germination can be simply anything expanding into greater being from a small existence or germ, a method that is commonly used by many seed germination projects.
General Background on Mycology and learning resources about fungi
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_oil - a concentrated hydrophobic liquid containing volatile aroma compounds from plants. Essential oils are also known as volatile oils, ethereal oils, aetherolea, or simply as the "oil of" the plant from which they were extracted, such as oil of clove. An oil is "essential" in the sense that it contains the "essence of" the plant's fragrance--the characteristic fragrance of the plant from which it is derived. Essential oils do not form a distinctive category for any medical, pharmacological, or culinary purpose. They are not essential for health.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete_(perfumery) - in perfumery, is a semi-solid mass obtained by solvent extraction of fresh plant material.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_(perfumery) - concentrated, highly aromatic, oily mixtures extracted from plants. Whereas essential oils can typically be produced through steam distillation, absolutes require the use of solvent extraction techniques or more traditionally, through enfleurage.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragrance_oil - also known as aroma oils, aromatic oils, and flavor oils, are blended synthetic aroma compounds or natural essential oils that are diluted with a carrier like propylene glycol, vegetable oil, or mineral oil. Aromatic oils are used in perfumery, cosmetics, flavoring of food. To some people, synthetic fragrance oils are less desirable than plant-derived essential oils as components of perfume.