Jump to navigation Jump to search
Web Audio API
See also JS libs#Media
- Web Audio Developers Community Group - brings together hackers and developers interested in using the emerging Web Audio API. By providing community support on using the API and surfacing issues with the draft standard, it complements the work of the W3C Audio Working Group where the specification is being developed. This group will not create specifications.
- https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-cg - the repository for the W3C Audio Community Group.The Audio Community Group is to gather and incubate new features for the better audio functionality on web. It is also to make it easier for the community to engage with the Audio Working Group.
- https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2 - The Web Audio API v2.0, developed by the W3C Audio WG
- MDN: Web Audio API
- Recreating the sounds of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop - Explore the BBC sound of the 1960s with our 4 demos of Radiophonic equipment, built with the Web Audio API standard. Each demo comes with commented code, so you can learn how to build your own audio applications.
- YouTube: Web MIDI Test
- YouTube: AudioWorklet :: What, Why, and How - Hongchan Choi - at WebAudioPDX on October 24th, 2017, in depth about what the new AudioWorklet is, why it's a great step for Web Audio, and how it works!
- YouTube: Metaprogramming Strategies for AudioWorklets by Charles Roberts - Sep 2018
- YouTube: RustFest Barcelona - Niklas Reppel: Amp Up Web Audio Applications with Rust and WebAssembly - Nov 2019
Web Audio Modules
- Web Audio Modules - synthesizers and audio effects processors for web browsers
- Embed WAMs into any web page with just a few lines of code
- WAMs integrate easily with existing web APIs
- Web Audio API
- Web MIDI API
- Web Components
- and more
- YouTube: WAP: Ideas for a Web Audio Plug-in Standard by Michel Buffa, Jerome Lebrun...
- GMPI vs LV2 vs WAP - Google Docs - "This document lists the requirements from the GMPI Final Draft Proposal, the native audio LV2 host/plugin standard alignment to these requirements, along with the status of support in the WebAudio plugin proposal."
- genish.js - a library to help develop optimized audio callbacks employing per-sample processing techniques. This enables signal processing that is not possible using buffers.
- http://lowlag.alienbill.com/ - .... now!
- https://wavesurfer-js.org/ a customizable audio waveform visualization, built on top of Web Audio API and HTML5 Canvas. With wavesurfer.js you can create anything from an HTML5 audio player to a sophisticated DJ application.
- Band.js - Music Composer - An interface for the Web Audio API that supports rhythms, multiple instruments, repeating sections, and complex time signatures.
- https://github.com/stuartmemo/qwerty-hancock - A keyboard for any musical eventuality. Works best with the Web Audio API.
- https://github.com/alemangui/pizzicato - Library to simplify the way you create and manipulate sounds with the Web Audio API.
- http://nmf.cappel-nord.de/ - networked
- XSound - Web Audio API Library for Synthesizer, Effects, Visualization, Multi-Track Recording, Audio Streaming, Visual Audio Sprite ...
- https://github.com/Korilakkuma/audio-processing-by-wasm - Audio Processing by WebAssembly
- JS Rocks
- https://github.com/vitaliy-bobrov/js-rocks - Web Audio electric guitar effects and cabinets
- https://github.com/navelpluisje/synthzygy - A modular synthesizer in vanilla js. Due to the fact audioworklets are used, this will only work in Chrome.
- YouTube: With the Web Audio API, build a drum machine & synth
- https://github.com/calebj0seph/spectro - a real-time audio spectrogram generator for the web. It can visualise sound from your microphone or audio files on your device.
- https://github.com/LabSound/LabSound - a C++ graph-based audio engine. LabSound originated as a fork of WebKit's WebAudio implementation, as used in Google's Chrome and Apple's Safari.LabSound implements many aspects of the WebAudio specification while extending its functionality with an improved API, new graph nodes, bugfixes, and performance improvements.The engine is packaged as a batteries-included static library meant for integration in many types of software: games, visualizers, interactive installations, live coding environments, VST plugins, audio editing/sequencing applications, and more.