Things and Stuff Wiki - An organically evolving personal wiki knowledge base with a totally on-the-fly taxonomy containing topic outlines, descriptions and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. Use the Table of Contents to navigate on longer pages, use the Small-ToC and Tiny-ToC above on longer pages. probably not that mobile friendly atm. I am milk (or milkii) on Freenode IRC, give me a pm for feedback, or see About for login and further information. / et / em
- 1 General
- 2 Ecosystem
- 3 Wiki engines and systems
- 4 Wikifarms
- 5 Real-time editing
See also Learning#Wiki
- http://www.wikiservice.at/user/milk/wiki.cgi - my old wiki
- http://www.macfreek.nl/memory/Main_Page - another personal kb wiki
The original wiki, on software development patterns.
For discussion of Wardswiki and online communities in general.
See also MediaWiki
Culture and process
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GOOG - digital literacy
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Page_Curation - new tools
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ravpapa/Tilt 
- Notabilia - Visualizing Deletion Discussions on Wikipedia
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Viewing_and_restoring_deleted_pages#Deletion_archive - why not make the non copyvio and like deleted articles available somewhere else?
- Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/IncidentArchive791/Class of 1700 students fill Wikipedia with plagiarism. Response from prof is accusation of illegal behaviour by editors
Kozierok’s First Law: “The apparent accuracy of a Wikipedia article is inversely proportional to the depth of the reader’s knowledge of the topic.”
Wiki engines and systems
Smallest Federated Wiki
- Keynote: The Federated Wiki - Ward Cunningham, 2015
- MoinMoin is an easy to use, full-featured and extensible wiki software package written in Python. It can fulfill a wide range of roles, such as a personal notes organizer deployed on a laptop or home web server, a company knowledge base deployed on an intranet, or an Internet server open to individuals sharing the same interests, goals or projects.
- PmWiki is a wiki-based system for collaborative creation and maintenance of websites. PmWiki pages look and act like normal web pages, except they have an "Edit" link that makes it easy to modify existing pages and add new pages into the website, using basic editing rules. You do not need to know or use any HTML or CSS. Page editing can be left open to the public or restricted to small groups of authors.
- Tiki is the Free and Open Source Web Application with the most built-in features. So whatever feature you can imagine running in your browser window, chances are Tiki does it.
- TiddlyWiki a uniquely flexible non-linear notebook for capturing, organising and sharing complex information.
- Gitit is a wiki program written in Haskell. It uses Happstack for the web server and pandoc for markup processing. Pages and uploaded files are stored in a git, darcs, or mercurial repository and may be modified either by using the VCS's command-line tools or through the wiki's web interface. By default, pandoc's extended version of markdown is used as a markup language, but reStructuredText, LaTeX, or HTML can also be used. Pages can be exported in a number of different formats, including LaTeX, RTF, OpenOffice ODT, and MediaWiki markup.
- Gollum is a simple wiki system built on top of Git that powers GitHub Wikis. Gollum wikis are simply Git repositories that adhere to a specific format. Gollum pages may be written in a variety of formats and can be edited in a number of ways depending on your needs.
- Wiki.js - An open source, modern and powerful wiki app built on Node.js, Git and Markdown.
- http://www.tryscribble.com/ - markdown, live preview
- Wikispaces Classroom is a new product from the people who brought you Wikispaces. We think of it as social writing with formative assessment. That means that its a great place for your classroom to work, connect, and communicate. Wikispaces Classroom has brand new tools to keep track of everything going on in your class, communicate better, and for you to assess your students in real time so you can provide the help and encouragement each student needs.
- YouTube: Google Wave Overview
- ShareJS is an Operational Transform library for NodeJS & browsers. It lets you easily do live concurrent editing in your app.
Open Cooperative Web Framework
- https://togetherjs.com/ - like share.js
- Soylent is a crowd-powered interface: one that embeds workers from Mechanical Turk into Microsoft Word.
- Substance is an open platform for collaborative creation and sharing of digital documents. Be your own publisher and produce stories, books and documentations.
- http://www.firepad.io/ - uses substance and propitiatory server backend
- http://www.document.ly/ - real time wiki, markdown