Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Argotlunar - a tool for creating surreal transformations of audio streams. Specifically, it is a real-time delay-line granulator. It disintegrates an audio stream into short samples (grains). Each grain can have random settings of amplitude, panning, duration, delay, pitch, glissando, filter and envelope. The output of all grains is mixed together into a stream which can be fed back into the main input. Time-related parameters can be synced to the host tempo, for rhythmic and pulsing textures. Pitch-related parameters can be quantized for harmonic and melodic effects. Feedback can create chaotic, densely layered, and distorted sounds.
- Soundgrain - a graphical interface where users can draw and edit trajectories to control granular sound synthesis. Soundgrain is written with Python/WxPython and uses Pyo as its audio engine.
- Slicer - allows you to create rhythms and textures from any sound you import by moving the Slicer nodes. Slicer will chop your sound into slices and superpose them. The slices will be created and manipulated acording to the position of the control nodes (the ones represented by a square). The slicer nodes (in color) control volume (vertical) and pan(horizontal) of each slice, while the control nodes control pitch, lenght, shift and starting point for all the slices.
Hadron Particle Synthesizer
- Hadron Particle Synthesizer - granular synthesis tool. In fact it is such a complete implementation of granular synthesis we’ve renamed the technique to particle synthesis. The plugin is of course free and open source. Hadron can be used as a synthesizer or an audio effect. It can also seamlessly morph between different sound processing methods, so you can make the plugin gradually change from synthesizer to audio processing mode. This is all part of the state morphing system, accessible via the big 2D joystick control.
- Cabbage Audio Forum: -Announce- Hadron for Cabbage - Cabbage recipes
- https://github.com/ssj71/hadron-particle-synth - Fork of hadron particle synth (http://www.partikkelaudio.com) to try to get it working on linux
- Narrativas Sonoras - a very simple audio granulator. Its original design dates back to end of 2006. for Macintosh, for Windows, for Linux or the source code. It is based on Processing and you might need to install a recent version of Java.
- Borderlands - an interactive granular sampler
- Cumulus - a software-synthesizer with following features: Implements the Asynchronous Grain Synthesis which is very multifaceted. Fully realtime capable. MIDI-Port to Controllerboxes (all parameters can be controlled via MIDI!), Keyboards (Polyphony, 8 voices) and Sequencers. Convenient GUI with drawable envelopes for each parameter. Internal 32 bit sampling resolution and a multiple of the external sampling rate. Cumulus was originally developed as a parallel application on a cluster of LINUX-workstations. I used a cluster of 7 Pentium-233 nodes, connected by the very fast "Easynet" network which was developed by the Institute of Electronics at the ETH Zuerich (Switzerland). I hacked the code to run on a single PC and I achieve about the same performance on a single modern PC (Thunderbird-800). The code runs on any GLIBC LINUX distribution with QT Devel >= 2.0 (GUI) and AFsp (a library to load and store .wav-files) installed. Note that the code is published under the GNU GPL.
- Loomer Cumulus - a granular sampler which radically transforms sample content by breaking it into tiny slithers of audio called grains and reorganizing them to form new sounds. Cumulus is capable of a wide ranges of timbres: from evolving atmospheric soundscapes; to organic physical textures. Up to eight Scenes can be created; a Scene corresponding to a particular sample position and set of synthesis parameters. Scenes can be played in realtime via MIDI, or arranged internally using the built-in sequencer. Cumulus is available free on the cover-mounted DVD of Computer Music magazine from issue 170 and onwards. Cumulus is supported on Mac OS X (VST, AU, RTAS, and Standalone), Windows (VST, RTAS, and Standalone), and Linux (VST, Standalone), and natively supports 64-bit for VST, Audio Unit, and Linux Standalone formats. - $
- https://github.com/linuxmao-org/Frontieres - An Interactive Granular Sampler (unofficial fork)
- cassetter - by person0b, a MIDI controlled granular sampler. It was created as a companion application to the livecoding environment ORCΛ. Powered by ToneJS, Svelte and Electron.
- https://github.com/jackkilgore/EmissionControl2 - a standalone interactive real-time application for granular synthesis and sound file granulation. It is available for OSX, Linux, and Windows.`
- https://github.com/dariosanfilippo/concatenative_granulation - Live concatenative granular processing for click-free looping, complex wavetable oscillation, and non-overlapping granulation with rectangular windowing.
Windows / Mac
Atomic Cloud Grain Cloud Generator
- Atomic Cloud Grain Cloud Generator takes an audio file as input, and generates a granular synthesis grain cloud in real time. Grain clouds are played back through your speakers, and can also be rendered direct to disk, while you listen, for further processing.
- R_MEM - Granulator. The download contains the unlocked installers. OS X and Windows.
- Granny - a real-time granular synthesizer for Windows.
- therapy - 3 band granulizer effect with absolutely no ability to deliberately control any parameter. Windows VST.
- HourGlass - a standalone application intended for radical sound processing by taking fragments (more commonly referred to as "grains" in other similar software) from sound recordings, to create sound textures. It is not intended for minor transparent corrections of playback speed or pitch, but is rather placed firmly in the sound mangling/glitch territory.
- GGrain - Free VST plug-in for granular resynthesis, GVST. Cuts audio up into tiny grains and recreates it. Great for interesting, lo-fi effects.
- https://github.com/chronopolis5k/Grainstation-C - an open-source, granular performance workstation designed to build realtime, evolving sound sculptures with optional ambisonics. It seamlessly integrates with a Novation LaunchControl XL Mark 2 (easily modifiable for any other controller) and can processes 4 disk tracks and 3 live input streams. You can save any state as a snapshot and morph to that snapshot at any point in a performance. It has 6 independent pitch delay lines, 6 switchable low pass and high pass filters, live audio looping and multiple granular processing controls including granular time-stretching, frame animation and granular pitch shifting.
- YouTube: Grainstation-C | Free, Granular Performance Workstation with Ambisonics (3D, Spatial Audio)
- https://github.com/kneitinger/syncrose - An LV2 audio plugin for granular synthesis