Things and Stuff Wiki - an organically evolving knowledge base wiki with a totally on-the-fly taxonomy containing topic outlines, descriptions and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. use the Table of Contents for navigation on longer pages. see About for further information. / et / em
- 1 Income
- 2 Pricing
- 3 Accounting
- 4 Invoicing
- 5 Benefits / credits
- 6 Tax
- 7 Credit Unions
- 8 Banks
- 9 Markets
- 10 Credit rating
- 11 Currency
Cloud Web Design
- Business Card, Articles, Blogging, Image Galleries, etc.
- WordPress.com, Tumblr.com, etc.
- From £400.
- Plus costs (£40/yr for theme & ad-free, plus domain).
Web Site Design and Build
- Self-hosted Drupal site with bespoke configuration and theme
- Using process estimation tools vs. budget
- From £650 (5 days), at £130 a day
- SSL cert. extra
Hosting and maintenance
- £15/mth for hosting, plus security upgrades
Support, Training, Consultancy £25/hr for additional backend or administration support, or £100 for a full day consultation.
Cloud site setup and custom theme, from £400, or a full site with bespoke backend and custom theme, starting at £650.
- https://www.acquisition.gov/?q=browse/far/16 - contract types
- GnuCash is personal and small-business financial-accounting software, designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. Allows you to track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. As quick and intuitive to use as a checkbook register, it is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
- KMyMoney is a personal finance manager for KDE. It enables users of open source operating systems to keep careful track of their personal finances by providing a broad array of financial features and tools.
- Ledger is a powerful, double-entry accounting system that is accessed from the UNIX command-line.
- jGnash is a free (no strings attached!) personal finance manager with many of the same features as commercially-available software. It was created in order to make tracking your personal finances easy, but also provides the functionality required by advanced users. Java.
- iFreeBudget is a simple tool for personal finance manager and budgeting application. It is designed and written to be intuitive and easy to use for home and small business users. iFreeBudget uses double entry accounting. iFreeBudget is open source and free. Java.
- Budgeter is a program designed to help individuals keep track of their money. It can always tell you how much money you have available now, as long as you enter all your transactions into it. In addition, it can summarise your past transactions to show you how you have spent your money up until this point. It allows you to categorise money and transactions to help make sense of expenses and to plan.
- Buddi is a personal finance and budgeting program, aimed at those who have little or no financial background.
- Grisbi is a very functional personal financial management program with a reasonable set of homefinance features.
- HomeBank is free software that will assist you to manage your personal accounting. It is designed to easy to use and be able to analyse your personal finance in detail using powerful filtering tools and graphs.
- dsBudget is a simple, open source budgeting program for everyone. With dsBudget, you can save money by understanding where you spend your money.
- Dough is a free envelope budgeting application. It's designed to be both simple and attractive whilst being very effective at helping you keep in control of your spending.
- Yapbam is a personal bank account manager.
- SwingTix Bookkeeper - A double-entry bookkeeping system.
- Manager includes key accounting modules, tax functions and features that streamline data entry and accounting procedures.
- http://www.freeagent.com/?referrer=33dgfkb0 - rachel's code
- PocketSmith - The personal finance app with cashflow forecasting
- BillGuard is a personal finance security and productivity company. Its mobile and website application scans credit card and debit card transactions, alerting users to possible scams, billing errors, fraudulent charges and hidden fees.
5 week month = 5 mondays (?)
Open source systems
- http://www.bookkeepy.co.uk/ - nice and clean
- https://www.invoicejournal.com/ - popped up via hn
- http://curdbee.com/pricing/ - free branded teir
Benefits / credits
Government tax credits and other benefits.
Needs Certificate of Small Earnings Exception (SEE).
- Up to £5,595 @ £0 with exception
- £5,595 - £7,604 @ £2.65 a week
- £7,605 - £42,475 @ same, plus 9% of profits between
- http://www.saa.gov.uk/ - search for band
Max 16 hours work a week.
£5, then minus and money earned.
Coming October 2013.
Working Tax Credit
For a single person, minimum 30 hours a week, recieve up to £790 a year. Limit to income is £13,000 per annum
Tax Credit Helpline: 0345 300 3900
Sole traders’ tax responsibilities:
- send a Self Assessment tax return every year
- pay Income Tax on the profits your business makes
- pay National Insurance
- register for VAT if you expect your business’ takings to be more than £77,000 a year.
Limited Company: Any profit it makes is owned by the company, after it pays Corporation Tax. The company can then share its profits.
- http://www.launchside.com/blog/llc-vs-s-corp-vs-c-corp/ - usa startup taxes
"We do not provide counter banking services from our Edinburgh office (or indeed any of our UK offices) but are pleased to meet with business customers who have a pre-arranged appointment."
Online service, no real-life access?
Has branches under the name Britannia. One on George Street.
- Grism is an open source stock market observation tool. It allows you to easily track the evolution of stock prices through watchlists, portfolios and charts.
See also Cryptocurrency