Things and Stuff Wiki - an organically evolving personal wiki knowledge base with a totally on-the-fly taxonomy containing topic outlines, descriptions and breadcrumbs, with links to sites, systems, software, manuals, organisations, people, articles, guides, slides, papers, books, comments, screencasts, webcasts, scratchpads and more. use the Table of Contents to navigate and the Small-ToC / Tiny-TOC header links on longer pages. probably not that mobile friendly atm. i am milk on freenode, give me a pm for feedback, or see About for login and further information. / et / em
- 1 Knowledge
- 1.1 General
- 1.2 Documentation
- 1.3 Notes
- 1.4 Journals
- 1.5 Lists
- 1.6 Outlines
- 1.7 Read later
- 1.8 Personal information management
- 1.9 Reference management
- 1.10 Information mapping
- 1.11 Knowledge domain mapping
- 1.12 Management and science
- 1.13 Curation
- 1.14 Library
- 1.15 Archivism
- 1.16 Future
- 1.17 to sort
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge - a familiarity, awareness, or understanding of someone or something, such as facts, information, descriptions, or skills, which is acquired through experience or education by perceiving, discovering, or learning. Knowledge acquisition involves complex cognitive processes: perception, communication, and reasoning; while knowledge is also said to be related to the capacity of acknowledgment in human beings.
See also Free/open
- YouTube: Pierre Lévy on Collective Intelligence Literacy - Howard Rheingold, 2011, 13:36
- YouTube: Pierre Lévy talks about Collective Intelligence at Senac - 2014, 1:33:49
"point is to augment reflexivity" 
- YouTube: MIT Communications Forum: Collective Intelligence - 2007
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_transfer - refers to sharing or disseminating of knowledge and providing inputs to problem solving. In organizational theory, knowledge transfer is the practical problem of transferring knowledge from one part of the organization to another. Like knowledge management, knowledge transfer seeks to organize, create, capture or distribute knowledge and ensure its availability for future users. It is considered to be more than just a communication problem.
- How to focus in the age of distraction
- Domain Knowledge or a Lack Thereof
- I Fucking Google Everything
- Haystack Group - MIT Research on Information Access, Analysis, Management, and Distribution Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Our goal is to make it easier for people to collect, organize, find, visualize, and share their information. We are an interdisciplinary group of researchers blending approaches from human-computer interaction, social computing, databases, web infrastructure, information retrieval, artificial intelligence and the semantic web.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Note-taking - is the practice of recording information captured from another source. By taking notes, the writer records the essence of the information, freeing their mind from having to recall everything. Notes are commonly drawn from a transient source, such as an oral discussion at a meeting, or a lecture (notes of a meeting are usually called minutes), in which case the notes may be the only record of the event. Note taking is a form of self discipline.
- WikiBooks: Note Taking For Students
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomnema - also spelled hupomnema, is a Greek word with several translations into English including a reminder, a note, a public record, a commentary, an anecdotal record, a draft, a copy, and other variations on those terms.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_PDA - dead tree media
- National Institutes of Health (US), Office of Intramural Training and Education’s Webinar on Keeping a Lab Notebook
- https://github.com/galfarragem/superfolder - an ultra-simple system loosely inspired in GTD, Todo.txt (notes on TXT files), Bullet journal (notes on paper), index cards, Inbox and Desktop zero.
- Chrome: Evernote Web Clipper
- http://www.geeknote.me/ - cli
- http://nevernote.sourceforge.net - NixNote
- MindRaider is personal notebook and outliner. It aims to connect the tradition of outline editors with emerging technologies. MindRaider mission is to help you in organization of your knowledge and associated web, local and real world resources in a way that enables quick navigation, concise representation and inferencing.
- KeepNote is a note taking application that works on Windows, Linux, and MacOS X. With KeepNote, you can store your class notes, TODO lists, research notes, journal entries, paper outlines, etc in a simple notebook hierarchy with rich-text formatting, images, and more. Using full-text search, you can retrieve any note for later reference.
- TreeSheets - Free form data organizer. The ultimate replacement for spreadsheets, mind mappers, outliners, PIMs, text editors and small databases. Suitable for any kind of data organization, such as Todo lists, calendars, project management, brainstorming, organizing ideas, planning, requirements gathering, presentation of information, etc. It's like a spreadsheet, immediately familiar, but much more suitable for complex data because it's hierarchical. It's like a mind mapper, but more organized and compact. It's like an outliner, but in more than one dimension. It's like a text editor, but with structure.
- Tomboy is a desktop note-taking application for Linux, Unix, Windows, and Mac OS X. Simple and easy to use, but with potential to help you organize the ideas and information you deal with every day.
- https://github.com/Azeirah/brainstorm - Project-brainstorm is a multi-purpose note-taking application which excells at free writing, prototyping, serious microblogging, task lists and even cheat sheets
- RedNotebook is a modern journal. It includes a calendar navigation, customizable templates, export functionality and word clouds. You can also format, tag and search your entries. RedNotebook is Free Software under the GPL.
- jrnl is a simple journal application for your command line. Journals are stored as human readable plain text files - you can put them into a Dropbox folder for instant syncing and you can be assured that your journal will still be readable in 2050, when all your fancy iPad journal applications will long be forgotten.
See also #Todo lists
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enumeration - a complete, ordered listing of all the items in a collection
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Checklist_Manifesto - tl;dr - rise in doctors using checklists to not hurt/kill people
- https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudioalmrangers/2016/11/04/the-secret-sauce-to-managing-our-backlog-and-todo-lists/ 
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listicle - a portmanteau derived from list and article.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_(list) - also called an hierarchical outline, is a list arranged to show hierarchical relationships and is a type of tree structure. It is used to present the main points or topics of a given subject, often used as a rough draft or summary of the content of a document. Preparation of an outline is an intermediate step in the process of writing a scholarly research paper, literature review, thesis or dissertation. A special kind of outline (integrated outline) incorporates scholarly sources into the outline before the writing begins. Writers of fiction and creative nonfiction, such as Jon Franklin, may use outlines to establish plot sequence, character development and dramatic flow of a story, sometimes in conjunction with free writing.
- Wikipedia's contents: Outlines - a summary of the world's knowledge, in the form of an outline. Each subject in turn links to an outline that summarizes that subject. Together, these outlines also form a multipage site map of Wikipedia.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outliner - a computer program that allows text to be organized into discrete sections that are related in a tree structure or hierarchy. Text may be collapsed into a node, or expanded and edited. Outliners are typically used for computer programming, collecting or organizing ideas, as personal information management or for project management. Mind mappers and wikis are related types of software.
- Fargo is a simple idea outliner, notepad, todo list, project organizer. Fargo files are stored in Dropbox. We only need to access a single sub-folder folder. We do not need access to your entire Dropbox (we don't want the responsibility), or any of your existing files. You can easily disconnect if you don't want to continue using Fargo.
- Everything Is a List - "The genius of WorkFlowy, the note-taking app that changed the way I organize my life."
- Checkvist - Minimalist keyboard driven online outliner and task manager for teams and individuals. Capture your ideas and notes, create checklists and plans, share with colleagues, and get everything done — together.
Outliner of Giants
- Outliner of Giants is a feature rich outline processor designed to support the creation and management of large corpuses of information, such as those generated by students, researchers, writers and project managers.
See also Social web#Social bookmarking
Personal information management
See also Security#Passwords
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_information_management - practice and the study of the activities people perform in order to acquire, organize, maintain, retrieve and use personal information items such as documents (paper-based and digital), web pages and email messages for everyday use to complete tasks (work-related or not) and fulfill a person’s various roles
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_information_manager - facilitates the recording, tracking, and management of certain types of "personal information".
- list.it is a simple, free and open-source note-keeping tool to help you manage the tons of little information bits you need to keep track of each day.
- Papers helps you collect and curate the research material that you're passionate about. This award winning reference manager will improve the way you find, organize, read, cite and share.
- Exploratree is a free web resource where you can access a library of ready-made interactive thinking guides, print them, edit them or make your own. You can share them and work on them in groups too. The Exploratree web resource has been developed by Futurelab and emerged out of our work on the Enquiring Minds project. It provides a series of ready-made interactive 'thinking guides' or 'frameworks' which can support students' projects and research.
- FreeMind is a premier free mind-mapping software written in Java. The recent development has hopefully turned it into high productivity tool. We are proud that the operation and navigation of FreeMind is faster than that of MindManager because of one-click "fold / unfold" and "follow link" operations.
- SharedMind is a collaborative version of FreeMind mind mapping software.
- XMind is the most professional and popular mind mapping tool. Free version is open source.
Knowledge domain mapping
Management and science
- Library Success - A Best Practices Wiki, created to be a one-stop shop for great ideas and information for all types of librarians. All over the world, librarians are developing successful programs and doing innovative things with technology that no one outside of their library knows about. There are lots of great blogs out there sharing information about the profession, but there is no one place where all of this information is collected and organized.
- Open Library is an open, editable library catalog, building towards a web page for every book ever published. More
Just like Wikipedia, you can contribute new information or corrections to the catalog. You can browse by subject, author or lists members have created.
- LibrarySpot.com - a free virtual library resource center for educators and students, librarians and their patrons, families, businesses and just about anyone exploring the Web for valuable research information.
- Vimeo: The Humane Representation of Thought from Bret Victor
"explaining and convincing through reasoning and rhetoric, instead of the newer tools of evidence and explorable(?) models. we want a medium that supports that."